Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tribute or Alligence

Old 03-26-2007, 05:43 PM

Default RE: Tribute or Alligence

davepjr. i have a 28.5 draw length. do u think that this is too long of a draw length for the tribute. What are your guys thoughts. it sucks cause the bowtech dealer near me has no left handed alligences left and he can't keep a guardian in the store if his life depended on it.I wish i could shoot all 3 one after another and then i can compare.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Albertabowhunt

davepjr. i have a 28.5 draw length. do u think that this is too long of a draw length for the tribute. What are your guys thoughts. it sucks cause the bowtech dealer near me has no left handed alligences left and he can't keep a guardian in the store if his life depended on it.I wish i could shoot all 3 one after another and then i can compare.
One thing you want tothink aboutwhen you have a longer draw and are choosing between a long ATA bow and a short ATA bow is the string angle.

The greater the angle of the string is, the farther away from your eye the peep will end up. Likewise, a less severe string angle puts the peep closer to your eye. This is acheived by shooting a bow with a longer ATA.You want that peep close to your eye.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:25 PM

I couldn't decide between the three new Bowtechs. So, I choose to buy two, the Guardian and the Allegiance. I like both bows, probably like shooting the Guardian a little more, and I like the all around performance of the Allegiance better. So, I need to take both with me at all times.

Can't go wrong with an Allegiance, but, I found the 07 Tribute to be more quiet and less vibration after the shot than the Allegiance. The extra speed and less weight of the bow sold me on it.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:30 AM

thanks for the replies.i got to shoot a guardian last night more than i dozen times and i decided to order it. It was 50 bucks more than the tribute but i think it was worth it. again thats for hte replies
Old 03-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations on the purchase. What Washington Hunter said is why you have to pay attention to the ATA. The Tribute would have put a severe angle on the string and hte peep would have been pretty far. The Allegiance's is probably3-4 inches away. The Tribute's would have been 5 or more.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:11 PM

man i can't wait for this bow to come in know. LOL
Old 03-29-2007, 07:36 AM
Dominant Buck

I spent several days playing with the Allegiance. It is a rock solid performer. I'd have to go that way. I chose the Guardian, but it was just a personnal sound thingy. I would have been just as happy with the Allegiance. Well almost as happy.[8D]