Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Slow motion video of string hitting arm

Old 03-24-2007, 07:32 AM
Banned

Default Slow motion video of string hitting arm

Here you go TeeJay, reason for a MeanV2.I found this video on AT. Pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdLvt04N2CI&NR

Old 03-24-2007, 07:38 AM

Default RE: Slow motion video of string hitting arm

Or you could not shoot with your arm extended that far and shoot a bow that fits you.

I have never hit my arm with a string yet, I don't see the point in fixing a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

Paul
Old 03-24-2007, 07:42 AM

You have to admit... That is a pretty neat video
Old 03-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

Or you could not shoot with your arm extended that far and shoot a bow that fits you.

I have never hit my arm with a string yet, I don't see the point in fixing a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

Paul
Yea, that guy is overbowed. With cold weather clothing on though it might be a good feature. We may find out that these CSS- STS's are snake oil like carbon clothing.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:10 AM

I don't think I ever realized how much a string jumped around after the shot. I think I'll order one just to try and cut back on that, if anything.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's almost like he's overpronated in an attempt to get the string to hit his arm just to show the effect... or he's one of those idiots going for the $100,000 grand prize on America's Funniest Home Videos. [:-]

The point of the video still stands, however, and it's one I mentioned in another thread in this forum; most people have no idea how violent the action is when a bow is shot. Actually, Paul Mohr mentioned it first in his recent great post (I have to put "recent" because Paul writes so many of them ), and I seconded it ...
Old 03-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

Paul
Agreeeee 100%! If you have the right draw and hold it right this would not happen.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:34 PM

I think on the STS site they show several videos of bows with and without the product. They are pretty enlightening as far as what a bow does on the shot.

I am not saying these products don't work, I am sure they do. If they were complete crap they wouldn't be selling that many of them. I remember when the Jennings or Buckmaster bows or something had these years ago stock. Something simular anyway. Like I said, I just think it is a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist. I have $2 yarn puff balls and limb savers and my bow is VERY quiet, even indoors.

I just couldnt' get over how violently the string hits the stop in the videos.

I do see your point about the clothing issue, when I dressed in warmer gear I do get some slap on my coat sleeve. I use an arm gaurd to hold my coat down though when I where that much clothing.

Paul
Old 03-24-2007, 02:43 PM
Banned

What about the feature of a STS-CSS possibly saving damage to a bow in an accidental dryfire? The STS-CSS surely would be better to have on then having a string slam all the way forward?
Old 03-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

That looks sick they way the wave travels through the skin like its the surface of the water.

Quick Reply: Slow motion video of string hitting arm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.