Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Knot challenged.

Old 03-24-2007, 06:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default Knot challenged.

I am losing my mind. I have forgotten how to tie a knot. I know it is hard to put into words, but can someone try to tell me the simplest way to tie my peep back in. I started away from the peep and wrapped a few times for stability towards the peep. How do I tie the single piece that I wrapped toward the peep down? If that makes sense? It either comes loose, or looks like a tumor groing off my bowstring that weighs more than the peep does.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Knot challenged.

A couple of half hitches or a square knot should suffice.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:28 PM

We just tie a couple of overhand knots, burn the ends and are done with it.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:21 PM

Try to follow me. This may be tough.
After you have wrapped the serving thread about 6-8 times toward the peep,take a seperate piece of thread,fold it in half so you have a loop on one endand lay it on the string over the wraps w/ the loop end laying in the direction you are going. In this case ,toward the peep. Now wrap loosely 5-6 times over the piece of string (Loop) and take the tag end of the serving and run it through the loop. Now pull slowly the opposite end of the loop through the loose wraps. (Pulling thisopposite the direction you were serving). The loop should pull throughthe loose wrapsand leave a tag end of the serving. Pull it tight along w/ the opposite tag end you started the serving with. Cut and burn.

If u can understand that w/o pics. ,,, you da' man. Good Luck.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:29 PM

ORIGINAL: archer58

Try to follow me. This may be tough.
After you have wrapped the serving thread about 6-8 times toward the peep,take a seperate piece of thread,fold it in halh so you have a loop on one endand lay it on the string over the wraps w/ the loop end laying in the direction you are going. In this case ,toward the peep. Now wrap loosely 5-6 times over the piece of string (Loop) and take the tag end of the serving and run it through the loop. Now pull slowly the opposite end of the loop through the loose wraps. (Pulling thisopposite the direction you were serving). The loop should pull throughthe loose wrapsand leave a tag end of the serving. Pull it tight along w/ the opposite tag end you started the serving with. Cut and burn.

If u can understand that w/o pics. ,,, you da' man. Good Luck.
And if you'd like pictures;

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2046060&mpage=1&key=Tying&#2 046060
Old 03-24-2007, 10:55 PM

Those are good pics. That knot is alot less complicated than what I was trying to explain.
Different end to same question.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the help. I had used a simple square knot and it kept coming loose. Thanks for the link. I actually could follow the pics. Now if you can help with the loosing my mind piece, I will be grateful
Old 03-26-2007, 04:05 AM

there is a video on specialtyarch.com showing the best way i've ever seen to tie in a peep. it connects the peep to the string - and you really can't move it w/out trying very hard, and it does it w/out affecting the gap above and below the peep. if you affect these gaps at all while tying in a peep- sooner or later the serving will slip down the gap, and your peep will change. anyway, its been one of those things that's just really made my life better. its a technique i'm very excited to show folks whenever i can.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

specialtyarch.com
Thanks gibblet , Ill be doing mine that way from now on .