Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

The Commander

Old 03-21-2007, 07:13 PM

Default RE: The Commander

I talked with a guy today that is trying to get one ordered in 80 pounds with a 31 inch draw,, that thing will be a screamer!
Old 03-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here she is all decked out in target form

Got her all set up this afternoon and put a few through the crono.

60lb 28" draw 322gr arrow full string load with a hooded ball peep with #2 clarifier 276fps.

Second go through the crono minus the string silencers 280fps right where I want it. believe it or not it is still deadly quite with no string silencers but I do have a MeanV CSS on order for it.

I sighted the scope in and proceeded to do a group at 70 yards big mistake now I have to refletch 4 of the 6 arrows I shot for the group 5 of the 6 arrows touching the other was an arrow width away

Will this bow stack them in there you betas long as I do my part

Old 03-22-2007, 03:25 AM

russell, how'd you get it apart?
Old 03-22-2007, 04:39 AM

Old 03-22-2007, 05:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice pics guys. I hope to add mine to the thread as soon as I get a chance.

Judging by the other two pics though I think I need a longer stabilizer.

As for its advantage over the Guardian, I think the others already made reference to it. Because it is a longer and heavier bow it is inherently more stable. That should, theoretically, boost accuracy levels. For 3D or target shooting these two characteristics should do nothing but help the archer.

I really do need to find the right stabilizer for it. I am looking for something moderately long yet very lightweight. I am heading down to the shop tonight. Hopefully I can find something there.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I really do need to find the right stabilizer for it. I am looking for something moderately long yet very lightweight. I am heading down to the shop tonight. Hopefully I can find something there.
Frank.

I have the K and K stabilizer on mine it is an exact copy of the Easton ACE stabilizer but only 1/2 the price. They come in various lenghts mine with the added weights is 29"
You can pick them up over on AT, ebayor get the shop to order you one, these things are light and I had to add some end weight to get the perfect balance I have a Cobra quick dissconnect, hey there cheap and do the job

As for the rest of the set up the sight is a Copper John ANTS with an Extreme scope with a Feathervisions 6x center drilled lens with .019 green fiber, the rest is the GFK Infiniti with lizzard tongue launcher, the peep is a Speciality Archery Hooded ball peep with a #2 clarifier.

I have been shooting with the Magtec 4 finger thumb release but still have my Truball Extreme with Talon head as a back up.

Now seeing it is 9am and I have finished work for the day I am gonna head out and shoot some more
Old 03-22-2007, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can I shoot it tomorrow? [8D]
Old 03-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Can I shoot it tomorrow?
Come on out to the house Pat and shoot it now

Dont know what time we are gonna hit Paris Tomorrow it all depends on what time Kyle finishes work
Old 03-22-2007, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Stop in Gun Barrel on your way to Paris and I'll shoot it!
Old 03-22-2007, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Stop in Gun Barrel on your way to Paris and I'll shoot it!
Greg.

Why dont you stop in Burleson on ya way home and shoot it

Quick Reply: The Commander

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.