Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

what do i need to do

Old 03-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what do i need to do

Kidd, do you shoot dead on at 10, 20, an then it gets worse at 30 an then bad at 40. If so it could be in hand torque, is all of your sights lined up straight vertical?
Old 03-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

kidd,you pretty well have it.Just jump in now and start shooting.Vertical drop=dropping in a straight line downward.

Even with hand torque,you should be able to get a bow to group.Provided it is a fairly consistant torque.

kidd has had a few questions over the past couple weeks and posted pictures of a group at 20 yards.All questions and the group looked like the centershot was out to me.Horizontal groups instead of circular.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would be willing to bet there are a few form and technique issues also.You might want to do some searches on formand/or post pictures for us and really concentrate on not hitting the trigger but really squeezing it off SLOOOOWLY.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:45 PM

tfox go to huntingfootage.com and then to miscellaneous videos then look for one that says form ground blind shooting......it has some video of my from on the first video and yeah hand torque might be one of the probs but i honestly think that something is wrong with the center shot say is i concentrate real hard at 20 yds like this past time i got all 3 arrows touching then the next they were all in a 4inch circle scattered
Old 03-20-2007, 08:05 PM

http://www.huntingfootage.com/showphoto.php?photo=3602&cat=520

heres the link
Old 03-20-2007, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

When Ipractice for longer than about30-45 minutes my shots start to wonder, just a thought.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not to bad.There were a couple issues I saw but you have a good squeeze and you are not punching the release.GOOD.The 1st thing I see is the release is too long.You are reaching for the trigger and you should be able to wrap your finger over the trigger and squeeze it off.

See how his finger is over the release.I wouldn't try to copy what he is doing with his wrist,just what he is doing with his finger.You might be able to shorten yours,I have modified them before but a different release might be in order.

Also,look at the draw length,you are slightly long but really not too bad.Your bow should have adjustment down so you might want to adjust it down about a 1/2" or more.(might need the shop to do that)

Another thing I think I could see was a little too much palm in the grip.You need to try to turn your hand and forearm over before gripping the bow.You are trying too hard for the open hand,your fingers are tense,they should be limp.

The arrow in the video looked like it was pointed uphill BUT it could be the angle of the video.It should be close tosquare with the string.

The last thing is you might want to take those shiny things out of your ears before you go hunting.

You looked very comfortable in front of that camera.That is hard to do so you might have a future in it.Keep up the good work.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:33 AM
Spike

Many times I see this problem on this forum and others if you follow this link your problems will be solved!http://www.eastonarchery.com/downloads.asp

Old 03-22-2007, 02:45 PM

yea i know about my release it was a strter 15 dollar one that i got when i just started shooting.....i think my draw i pretty comfortable there if it wa a bit shorter i think i wouldnt feel comfortable...but hopefully next week ill get some arrows shot and see if i can mess around with it a bit...and oh yeah about the being comfortable on camera thats just the way i am i have no shame in my talkin...
Old 03-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Take it for what it is worth,The draw is long.Your cams are adjustable so it is in your best interest to try it shorter.

The release needs to be addressed if you want to shoot better,along with the draw length.I believe you can take it apart and cut the the threaded rod and then rebend it to get it shorter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.