Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

what do i need to do

Old 03-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what do i need to do

In or out.In toward the riser and out away from it.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

A laser isn't necessary and they should only be used by those that are experienced enough to understand the possitives and negatives of them.

You can usually eyeball the centershot.If you nock an arrow and look down at the bow from the top(above),you should see the arrow running pretty close to center of the stabilizer to just outside of it.If it it is way inside or outside of it,then adjust it untill they are fairly close.

Then you are ready to do some tuning.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your pins in a perfect world should be aligned with your string . Your string at full draw should be straight up and down , thats what a level is for . When you get those things acomplished , walkback tuneing should give you a good centershot , and for me [a hunter] , broadhead tuning is the end all .
Old 03-20-2007, 03:18 PM

ok but i hate to give yall any trouble or anything but for me i think it is best that i just go to the bow shop because i dont want to wind up loosing any more arrows.....i dont know why it just seems to difficult for me understandin this center shot thing...usually i pik things up pretty fast
Old 03-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Most shops can't or won't do any more than eyeball the centershot for you.

Maybe you should take it to them and let them explain what they are doing if they adjust the rest.

The fine tuning should be done by you.Jump in with both feet,then you will most likely see things starting to make since.Just matk the rest so you can always come back to the original settings.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:44 PM

so what would you rec. if im shooting right at 40 yds should i move my rest left and then work my way down to 10 yds or should i do the opposite.....10-40...so tune my bow at 40 yds adn then 30-20-10
Old 03-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

TFOX is right on. The best thinganyone that shoots a bow can do is tolearn how to fine tune your own bow. To me, I get a great sense of accomplishment when I've tinkered around with my set-up and am getting perfect bullet holes, then getting a good vertical line-up by walk-back tuning from 20 to 50 yds. Now just need to work out that last 1-1/2" of broad-head tuning (trying this year to not give up and repositioning my pins to where the broadhead****), I've got all spring and summer to get field points and broad heads to hit the same.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Has anyone here ever tried a method called french tuning. It would almost be the same as walkback in a way. You get the center shot close and shoot at 3 yards and adjust your sight to hit right on at 3 yards. You then get to 60 yards and adjust your sight to hit right on at 60, after this the only adjustment you do at 3 yards is to the rest and the only adjustment you make at 60 is with the sight. You keep going back and forth until all are aligned at both 60 and at 3 yards. This should put you right on provided that your second axis has been set.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's it elk,get him even more confused than he already is.

I have heard of it but never done it.

I think he needs to stay away from the 60 yard stuff right now but he could do the same thing at 30 or 40.

Walk back should start at 20.You can then shoot at 10 yards Using the 20 yard pin.Then repeat at 30 yards and still use the 20 yard pin.If you are confident and comfortable with 40,then do the same there.If the arrows hit to the left,as you increase the distance,move the rest right.Or the opposite if they are hitting to the right.Do this untill you get a vertical drop.

I like to put a piece of tape on the target,use a plum to make sure the tape is perfectly straight up and down.

I will shoot for groups after thiscomplete.You can read about this method in my link.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:20 PM

oh ok thanks guys for stickin wit me i think i am actually starting to get it......

things i need to know

use 20 yd pin

if arrows are going left at farther distances move rest right

strip of tape and make sure it is straight

vertical drop?what is that

but shooting order should start at? like 10,20,30,40...or 20,10,20,30,40

1 other thing do you aimlets say all in thecenter of the target of course aiming for the tape to and as yo get farther the arrow just gets lower than the before shots?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.