Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

WB - what happened here???

Old 03-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WB - what happened here???

Thanks for the replies to a really dumb question.
When I asked it I thought that the wiskers were just shifted, duh, the frame is obviously bent, and too think, my job is to troubleshoot problems

I didn't really inspect how my buddy had packed the SUV before the 2hr drive, he must have had something heavy compressing the side of my case for the trip.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:05 AM

ORIGINAL: tschaef

Thanks for the replies to a really dumb question.
When I asked it I thought that the wiskers were just shifted, duh, the frame is obviously bent, and too think, my job is to troubleshoot problems

I didn't really inspect how my buddy had packed the SUV before the 2hr drive, he must have had something heavy compressing the side of my case for the trip.
Soft case or hard case.
If it is a soft case, that is your problem right there.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:48 AM

I thought he said that he used a hard case. I coulda just read it wrong, but hard cases aren't always going to protect you stuff. My buddy dropped his bowcase (hard shell) off the back of his pick-up (yes very stupid I know) and he messed up his bow pretty good doin it.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Site Bouncer

IMHO, most of the hard cases on the market today are absolute junk! If you are paying $35.00-$50.00 for a hard case you're not getting a "hard case", what you are getting is a plastic case. The true hard cases cost much more and protect your bow much more. They are usually made of, or reinforced with some type of metal.

That being said I very much prefer a soft case any day. They are less bulky andmy bow fits with the quiver attached.These cheap hard cases on the market today only provide you with a false sense on secruity for your bow. With a soft case you at least know what type of protection you can expect. My bow never rides in the bed of my truck, always in the cab and I treat it with as much care as I do with any of my firearms. If I travel (airplane) I use a metal case.

I'm gladthe damagewasn't too bad. You're lucky, it could havebeen much worse.IMO,If you own a plastic hard case, you should treat it the same as you would a padded soft case.........they provide about the same amount of protection.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:35 AM

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

IMHO, most of the hard cases on the market today are absolute junk! If you are paying $35.00-$50.00 for a hard case you're not getting a "hard case", what you are getting is a plastic case. The true hard cases cost much more and protect your bow much more. They are usually made of, or reinforced with some type of metal.

That being said I very much prefer a soft case any day. They are less bulky andmy bow fits with the quiver attached.These cheap hard cases on the market today only provide you with a false sense on secruity for your bow. With a soft case you at least know what type of protection you can expect. My bow never rides in the bed of my truck, always in the cab and I treat it with as much care as I do with any of my firearms. If I travel (airplane) I use a metal case.

I'm gladthe damagewasn't too bad. You're lucky, it could havebeen much worse.IMO,If you own a plastic hard case, you should treat it the same as you would a padded soft case.........they provide about the same amount of protection.

Couldn't agree more
Old 03-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yup, its a flimsy plastic "hard" case. If I need a new bisquit I'll have a look at cases while there. I would never think about checking the one I have now onto a plane, I can easily compress the side in with minimal pressure if I push in thecentre.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

Probably heat and pressure formed it that way...sucks tho..hope evything works out alright
Old 03-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

No offence but that's a pretty silly, biased and obviously un-informed statement there. Whatever did that tohis rest would have damaged a prong style or dropaway as well. The metal in the biscuit ring doesn't bend by itself, you have to bend it.
That statement might be silly. It might be biased. But it's not really uninformed. I think the whisker bisquit does have some issues with durability and dependability. In this case, most prong rests or dropaways would have come through unscathed.

The biscuit is so big that it hangs over the edge of the sight window. That means that anything hitting flat on that side of the bow has to go through the biscuit to get to the bow. That means the bisquit is going to get beat up, mashed up and bent.

On the other hand, most prong and dropaway rests are more fully contained within the sight window and the bow gives them a great deal of protection. Something would have to completely avoid the bow to contact the rest directly.

Now, if you doubt the truth of what I'm saying, look back to the photo. It's right there, in your face.Notice how the biscuit is bent exactly flush with the sight window shelf? Who could possibly require any further proof than that?

So, my advice is this. If you really, really like the rest then get a stronger case and hope for the best when you've got it out and using the bow. Or, take that money and buy a different rest. One that doesn't require so much extra protection and babying.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:25 AM

Hey Arthur, where ya been?

Of course, you're correct, another rest may have survived unscathed. However, the nice thing about the WB is that it's very adaptable. You can bend it, cut it, make it bigger, smaller and many other things, without ruining it. They really are durable. In fact, I think this case helps demonstrate this. I'm sure the one in this instance can be easily repaired, even if it happened just before going to a hunting location.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey, Straightarrow. Been hiding out.Last time I tried to shoot a bow my shoulders gave me fits for two weeks. Been kinda down in the dumps and avoiding the forums since. Hard toto acceptthat it's over, ya know. My archery is limited to crossbows now. I'm enjoying the midieval crossbow replica I made. Got pics of it in the crossbow forum, if you wanna see it.

Yep, I agree that the part is easily replaced. Don't know how easy it'd be to repair damage that bad to where it'd shoot like new again though. But it does seem prudent to me to keep three or four biscuits on hand at all times, stashed in your bow case, for just such an emergency. From what I've seen of biscuits around our club's archery range, this is not an isolated incident.

Quick Reply: WB - what happened here???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.