Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Newberry SB1

Old 03-24-2007, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Newberry SB1

just about all the newbery shooters have carried over to hca?
Old 03-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Typical Buck

Richard, with all due respect, that doesn't answer my question. Again, as I said, when you throw out a statement like the one above, it certainly feels like you're snubbing the people who are still shooting your Newberry line. Newberry wasn't that long ago, and it would be different if the company just folded, but it didn't - you changed names. I would expect to get the the high-hat if you weren't still in business making bows, some of which are still your Newberry designs.

I think if you are just going to do away with Newberry and intergrate it into HCA that is absolutely fine, but I've seen you post that Newberry will be around after HCA is established.

And, if Newberry shooters are supposed to be "carrying over" to HCA, why are you directing me/us to a seperate email address instead of just letting me deal with HCA? As I said, I can't seem to get Newberry bow service when I contact HCA; as stated also by the originator of this thread. We shouldn't have to come to a archery forum to prompt a response.

Leaving me pretty confused and I don't think I'm alone, apparently, evidenced by the fact someone had to come here for specs on a Newberry bow that HCA doesn't make. I've been pretty loyal to Newberry because I believed in the product, loved the bow(s), and above all, was able to rely on customer service. I'm not someone who buys a new bow every year, I just keep shooting what works for a while. So... no, I haven't "carried over" to HCA because my SB1 works.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:27 PM

Good post Snood Slapper, I bought my bow new from Newberry in Dec. 05. Since then I can't get through to the company and they no longer have a web site but yet Richard says they are still in business. It's a shame because everything that I read before buying my bow was how good the customer service was at Newberry, that was one of the reasons I went with Newberry. They made some great bows maybe Richard will do the right thing and start treating Newberry owners the way they use to in the past or I don't see how HCA will stand a chance.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Typical Buck

I think HCA will do fine all things being equal. I don't wish them any ill will at all. I just don't see any defense in this other than excuses. They (Newberry) made a good bow and will probably keep making a good bow under the HCA name. I like smaller bow companies and that is why I took a chance with them. I can excuse being pushed aside once or twice due to the confusion and the immense work involved in such a big undertaking as bringing a floundering old bow company back to life, but there is a limit to my patience. Nor do I think little old me going and shooting another brand of bow is really going to effect them...but that's what I'm going to do in all probability. I was going to buy a bow for my wife from HCA, but after the issues I had, I went with a Darton. After getting her set up last night with it, they're looking pretty good to me right now as well. At least when I called them for some string info, I got ahold of someone and actually got an answer.