Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Carbon or Aluminum

Old 03-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Carbon or Aluminum

Both carbon and alluminum arrows work. Really I think its more personal opinion than anything these days. If you take a top end carbon that is assembled correctly with sqaure ends and a good insert and tip there shouldnt be much of a wobble problem. Carbon arrows keep getting better and are much stronger and stabilize faster than aluminums do. Dont get me wrong I shot aluminums foryears but personaly I dont see what an aluminum arrow doesthat a carbon doesnt do better.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: passthru79

Both carbon and alluminum arrows work. Really I think its more personal opinion than anything these days. If you take a top end carbon that is assembled correctly with sqaure ends and a good insert and tip there shouldnt be much of a wobble problem. Carbon arrows keep getting better and are much stronger and stabilize faster than aluminums do. Dont get me wrong I shot aluminums foryears but personaly I dont see what an aluminum arrow doesthat a carbon doesnt do better.
Ditto this. I have also considered the ACC's like TFOX, but I am pretty happy with my carbons. I have over 30 of the arrows in my signature, and if you match them up to tips, they will ALL spin well. I did trash 2 of the 3 dozen I'd bought. But I believe a TRUE SQUARE cut is of utmost importance.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:40 PM

I love my Carbon arrows. I started with Cedat went to Fiberglass then aluminum and now i will die with carbons