Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ALLEGIANCE..VIBRATIONS when shot...

Old 03-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ALLEGIANCE..VIBRATIONS when shot...

I have an '07 Allegiance and there is no vibration at all on my bow set at 65 lbs or 70 lbs with 6 in doinker and whisker biscuit.It's the best bow I've ever owned and I shot about 5 different manufacturers before choosing this bow and didn't notice a bog difference between any of the parrallel limb bows.

To be honest. I'm still trying to figure out what everyone is talking about when they say about vibration? Like I stated above I shot 5 different manufacturers and didn't notice a big difference. Either everyone is getting soft when it comes to bows or my hands are dead. It seems like everyone describes this "vibration" like they are shooting a .44 Mag and they expected it to be a .22 short!!!
Old 03-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had an 05 allegiance, only time I every had any problems with vibration was when I took the string silencers and stabilizer off and shot a 350 grain arrow at 70 lbs. Put the stablizer back on and virtualy no vibration.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:35 PM

I own a 07 alliegiance and I have no problem with a vibration/hand shock.I also shotall the newhoyt,mathews,bear,bowtech and to tell you the truth they all were shock free it really comes down to what feels comfortable in your hand.The top end bows a made so good now a days there really not a bad one out there.It all comes down to preferance.Compaired to the bow in the 80's they all shoot like a dream.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

For you guys that say you don't feel any vibration, do you use an STS or CSS or other type of string suppressor? If not, I would suggest getting one and putting it on your bow and shooting with it for a while. Then remove it and shoot your bow. If you do not put it right back on after feeling the vibration that you didn't feel before I'll buy the suppressor from you.

I did just that with my 05 Allegiance. I have a Stealth stabilizer, Bowtech's hush kit, Limbsavers and even had two Sims modules on my rear stabilizer hole. I got an STS and put it on and shot with it for a while. I didn't really think there was much of a difference except addtional weight, so I took it off. I took two shots that felt like I had a joy buzzer in my hand and put it right back on.

The point is, you don't realize how much vibration there is because you are used to it. Shoot a Guardian next to an Allegiance and you'll see what I mean.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

IfI do not notice it without the STS then why would I put an STS on my bow? It makes no sense to buy something that you do not need in the first place.It always seems like every post gets way off topic in here.

It seems like people buy more and more gimmicks because someone told them it's a great idea. Then, after they've spent the money they automatically think it makes a bog difference. I shot a Hoyt Vectrix with the built in STS system and it had more vibration in my opinion than my '07 Allegiance. Someone else may shoot the Allegiance and say it has more vibration.

I think your mind makes you feel what you want to feel ased on certain facts. Like, one bow has a draw cycle you like better. So, you think that bow vibrates less. All of these bows vobrate about 1/20'th as much as my '90 Bear Whitetail legend I used to use.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:11 PM

I did shoot the guardian and the allegiance back to back and was there a drifference yes the guardian was a bit more quite as for hand shock I don,t think there was a big drifference.I will tell you this much the allegiance had a much nicer draw cycle. ( just my opinion)
Old 03-21-2007, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dave, how can you say that something is a gimmick when you've never tried it? I said in my earlier post that like you, I felt that my Allegiance was very quiet and had very little hand shock, but I like to tinker, so I tried the STS. After putting it on I didn't realize what a difference it made until I took it off.

Shooting a Hoyt with their string suppressor is not a valid comparison to your Allegiance because they are two different bows.

I have been shooting bows for nearly 20 years now so I know the difference between vibration, recoil, hand shock, draw cycle, and string oscillation. I can feel a difference in vibration in the 07 Allegiance, from my 05. I even went so far as to shoot my bow without the STS and then put my accessories on the 07 and it still had more vibration. It was not a "tuning fork" as the tech described, but there was a noticeable difference.

You are right, the difference in hand shock from one bow to another today is negligable when compared to the bows of 10 years ago. Please understand that I am not saying the 07 Allegiance is a bad bow. I love the draw cycle and the new grip is a dream. The drop in weight is also very nice, but comes with a price. I felt that there was not enough advantage to change, but that does not take away from the fact that it is a great bow.

The bottom line is Robin Woods has an issue with the vibration he is feeling in his Allegiance. I have felt it in the bow I shot and I believe that a string suppressing device would solve his problem. I have no interest or stock in these devices other than believing thatthey work and trying to help a fellow archer.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been shooting bows since 1982. My point is that I think people are making way too much out of something that really isn't an issue in the first place. And when you start to think about something that wasn't an issue in the first place it becomes one.

Maybe everyone talking about all of htis vibration has it stuck in people's heads that it's a problem. That's what i was trying to convey. If it ain't broke in my eyes why fix it.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not shot the 07 Allegiance, but I also don't "get" the vibration thing. My current bow, an '04 Champion Liberty, has some vibration without a stabilizer. It has virtually none with a Sims Enhancer and S-coil though. I had an STS unit on my Darton Tundra. Dartons are supposedly notorious for vibration. The bow made a different noise with the STS, sharper and shorter. It was not any quieter though. Less vibration with the STS? Yes, a little, but not enough without it to be a bother, and yes, I did take it off and put it back on enough times to be sure. It really cracks me up when guys will take one of the most shock free bows made, like a Switchback or Tribute, then put on an STS or one of its clones, and rave about how much difference it made. Go shoot a mid-'90s speed bow with hard dual cams, then enjoy your new bow.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

JoePa, one of the bows I had during the speed craze was a High Country High Caliber with hatchet cams and an overdraw. I was shooting 26 inch Easton 1816 XX75s out of it. By the end of a 3D round my bow hand was about numb![&:]

As far as the STS product goes, we'll have to agree to disagree. I know that mine has made a difference on my bow and realize these things are often subjective. I think that if Robin Woods gave it a try it would help out his problem.

Dave, you're right, sometimes when you get something in your head it creates a problem that previously didn't exist. Robin came to us with his problem so hopefully we have been able to help and not create any new ones for him.

Quick Reply: ALLEGIANCE..VIBRATIONS when shot...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.