Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Kisser Button

Old 03-12-2007, 10:48 AM

Default RE: Kisser Button

T Fox - my problem is that when I'm shooting at game, I tend to smile. That puts the spot where the string crosses the corner of my mouth in a different place.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:08 PM

I use a kisser button andI love it!!! Some say it takes away a little bit of speedbut then again what is speed if you are not accurate!!!!. I also use a peep, the more reference points, the more accurate, the better! Then ask yourself, which is better: A good clean kill or a wounded deer that was shot with arrow flying at the speed of sound!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

T Fox - my problem is that when I'm shooting at game, I tend to smile. That puts the spot where the string crosses the corner of my mouth in a different place.

Your not supposed to smile untill AFTER the shot.The old saying,don't count your chickens.[8D]

mfhunter27

You have the same number of reference points with or without a kisser,they are just smaller without the kisser.

I have a drawer full of kissers thatI have taken off bows and then showed the people how to properly anchor and shoot without them.NOT ONE has asked to put them back on.[8D]
Old 03-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

If you smile that would change your anchor point, when you practice you will need your wife to tickle you to get the same effect!!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mfhunter27

I use a kisser button andI love it!!! Some say it takes away a little bit of speedbut then again what is speed if you are not accurate!!!!. I also use a peep, the more reference points, the more accurate, the better! Then ask yourself, which is better: A good clean kill or a wounded deer that was shot with arrow flying at the speed of sound!!!!!!
It means you miss quicker. I believe in the kisser button, I like a lot of reference points as well, I'm just that way.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:28 PM

The best anchors are "hard anchors". Hard anchors don't move. These would include bone and teeth. Soft anchors are secondary in importance with some being better than others. Your nose is a soft anchor, but doesn't move too much and if you get your string to hit a particular spot on the nose, then it's an okay anchor.

The lips are a very movable soft anchor and not a real good choice. Combine that with a large kisser and it isn't nearly as effective as other anchors. A better hard anchor would be your cheek bone, jaw bone or a particular tooth (especially for a finger shooter). Combine that with the nose anchor and you'll have one that is easier to repeat exactly the same way on each shot.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:17 PM

I would agree. The peep sight is an optical anchor of sorts. The nose touch to the string and the kisser button are tactile anchors. And the thumb joint against the corner of the jaw bone is a hard anchor. When they all come together, you had better be shooting at a different dot each shot - at least at 20 yards.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:18 PM

Consistency & form are probably more important than the 5fps u may lose.Consistencywill lead to accuracy. With the speeds that these new bows are dishing out, that deer u go thru sure won't notice that 5 fps!