Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Vectrix, Guardian, Tribute, Reflex Ridgeline34....

Old 03-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Vectrix, Guardian, Tribute, Reflex Ridgeline34....

I went on a road trip this weekend, and stopped in a few shops checking a few things out. I shot a Vectrix and Ridgeline32 in the first shop, and amazingly enough, I thought the Ridgeline felt nicer on the draw and release than the Vectrix, which was $100 more. Then I stopped in another shop, and he had a Guardian 29/70, and a 29/60, and a Tribute 29/70 and 29/60, I shot all for of these bows, and surprisingly, I thought the Tribute's felt smoother than the Guardian. I just thought the Guardian should have had less handshock, than the Tribute, however it didn't. Probably of all the bows I shot, I HONESTLY think the Ridgeline had the smoothest draw and the most shock-free release. Not sure, but I think the STS on the Vectrix may add a little hand-shock, as I didn't think it felt as nice as the Trykon I shot last year.

Anybody else out shopping and shooting new toys????
Old 03-05-2007, 09:24 AM

Default RE: Vectrix, Guardian, Tribute, Reflex Ridgeline34....

Does the Ridgeline have adjustment on the cam,for draw length ?
Old 03-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HORN-HUNTER

Does the Ridgeline have adjustment on the cam,for draw length ?
I believe so, according to this

All new design for 2007! The Reflex Ridgeline 34 has the features and performance that comes from its big brother Hoyt! A new parallel limb added to a new style bridged riser, makes this bow one to have! Be the first on your block to own one! The FX Cam is adjustable in 1/2" increments. Adjustable from 25-30 inch draw without bow press.
I was really impressed. The guy in the shop told me he actually preferred the Ridgeline34 over his Vectrix he'd got at the first of the year, because he, too, thought it was a bit smoother on both draw and release, with a tiny bit less handshock.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:09 PM

Have you tried any of the new Dartons? I have shot most of the new models and was very impressed. Remember, Darton owns the patent that Bowtech uses for their cams (at least that is how I was told it is). They are really impressive bows, and their fastest (Pro3000) will blow the doors off of a Hoyt Vulcan and a Bowtech.

71# @27"=301fps w/ a 396gr Gold Tip 55/75 w/ 100gr.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Banned

I owned a Trykon and bought the new Vectrix. Vectrix is an amazing bow. I own a Tribute too and it is an awesome bow, not as nice as the Vectrix though. I notice no handshock in either bow. Trykon didn't have any either IMO.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I owned a Trykon and bought the new Vectrix. Vectrix is an amazing bow. I own a Tribute too and it is an awesome bow, not as nice as the Vectrix though. I notice no handshock in either bow. Trykon didn't have any either IMO.
I thought the Tribute felt pretty similar to the Vectrix, but I thought the Trykon XL felt better last year, from what I remember, and I was just totally impressed with the feel of the Ridgeline. I was really considering a Vectrix XL later this year, but I think I'll opt for a Ridgeline34 after shooting a few arrows through both.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Banned

That is why so many bows are made. We all don't like the same thing and if we did it would be a boring world.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

did any of u fella's this the reflex's weighed alot? i shot the ridgeline. impressed me greatly just thought it weighed a ton compared to other bows besdie hoyt's cause there jus as heavy to
Old 03-06-2007, 01:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MdDave

did any of u fella's this the reflex's weighed alot? i shot the ridgeline. impressed me greatly just thought it weighed a ton compared to other bows besdie hoyt's cause there jus as heavy to
I really never noticed that any one of them particularly weighed more than the others. There is only a mere .2# difference between the Ridgeline34, and the Guardian and Tribute. Not sure what the Vectrix weighed, but they were all pretty close to the same weigh.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a lot of the new bows a while back and once again most of them couldn't live up the the hype read on these message boards.

I felt no need to whip out the wallet this year.

Quick Reply: Vectrix, Guardian, Tribute, Reflex Ridgeline34....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.