Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Nock problem, please help.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Nock problem, please help.

Try aD-loop, you can always take it off. If speed is a factor, all that stuff on your string looses FPS, Good Luck.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Didn't you say they removed the stop pegs? If so,you could put the stop peg in the 65% letoff hole and put a short loop.Then get arelease that is designed for a loop and probably be in way better shape than you are now.
problem with that is I want the high let-off

That shop should never have put the nocksets on like that,that will definately cause problems.
problems as in flight or unecessary strain to components or both?

Well,if youthink the acute angle of the string isn't causing some interference in the arrow launch and thus flight, I think I'll just go with an eliminator button. If you think it could be, I'll try the loop and see if I like it.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

problems as in flight or unecessary strain to components or both?
Both , flight problem magnified when shooting broadheads , basicly ruining your nocks , be thankfull they are cheap and easly replaced
Old 03-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Most will shoot better with the lower letoff,trust me.There isn't any advantage to using the high letoff,even in the woods.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Most will shoot better with the lower letoff,trust me.There isn't any advantage to using the high letoff,even in the woods.
Actually I think there is in extreme cases. Here's one of my own:

A doewalked in on a trail I was guarding. As it walked behind the big tree I'd already picked out as the time to draw, I drew. This doe was moseying as it came in and continued to mosey while behind that tree. I held my 65% let-off Cybertec for over 2 minutes before it decided to step out. When it did, the shot still wasn't clear for at least another 5 feet. It took another 30 seconds for the deer to forage and get into my shooting lane. By that time, my bow arm was dead and couldn't hold wellenough for a steady shot anymore. Suffice to say I let down and the deer looks dead at me then takes off. Had I had a higher let-off, I might've been alright.

Anyway... I got rid of the bottom brass nock and replaced it with an eliminator button. There's a whole lot less pinch on the arrow now. I can push the arrow up away from the launcher at full draw and there is very little pressure holding the arrow down.