Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

cable serving seperation at cam

Old 12-09-2002, 12:09 PM
CIG

Default cable serving seperation at cam

I have a Bowtech Tech 29 and the serving is seperating where the cam rolls over on the cable. So with only about 500 shots through this bow, do I try to reserve it or replace the cable? If reserving, is there anything I should do specifically in this area to beef it up and if to replace,do I do something on the new one to beef this area up?
Old 12-09-2002, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cable serving seperation at cam

It sounds to me that if it's an Infinity cam the draw stop wasn't set right and the cam may be over rotating. Could you please email me some information abut the bow such as what draw module it has in it and where the draw stop is set?

[email protected]

Regards, Pat
Old 12-09-2002, 01:44 PM

I thought this wasn't 'out of the ordinary'...??

I was under the impression that seperation was expected on single cam bows..???

Aim small miss small
Old 12-09-2002, 01:49 PM

Cig,

If you are experiancing serving seperation not related to a cam problem, then you can contact Winner's Choice ( assuming that it is a factory cable) as serving seperation is coverd by warrantee. The phone # is 541-575-0818.

Old 12-09-2002, 07:00 PM

Totally normal. The string is stretching in and the serving is just slipping with it. You just need to get it reserved. I recomend that no slip serving. Its flat and overlaps so it doesnt seperate. Or, if u do it yourself, order some "synthetic senew", its the same as no slip just A HOLE LOT cheaper. You get a hole role of senew for like $7 compared to $119 for a small roll of the no slip stuff. The senew though, looks like its fraying, when infact its just little hairs, its no big deal. But, you do need to reserve it, no matter which way u decide, otherwise you will be replacing a cable very soon.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:05 AM
CIG

Thanks from advice from Stringer, I received a new cable from Winners Choice. One of the deciding factors for buying a Bowtech was the string and cable. This just confirms my decision.

Also, thanks to BowTech Shooter. The setup is perfect now.
Old 12-16-2002, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to have helped. If you ever need any more assistance drop me an email.

Regards, Pat
Old 12-16-2002, 03:22 PM

Cig,
no problem. We at Winner's Choice are having very good success with our products, and are more than happy to stand behind them when things don't work as planned. Many times it is the retuned items that we learn the most from. We feel that our customers appreciate our commitment to quality and customer service. It is these commitments, along with our exclusuve warrantee that sets us apart from all other string builders. GLAD TO BE OF SERVICE!!

Mike