Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

compound bow for beginner?

Old 03-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: compound bow for beginner?

Thanks for the info. Hope he realizes that it's just as illegal to shoot someone with a bow as it is a gun.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

hahaha im thinkin he actually wants to bow hunt...... ummmm a good baseball bat an bear spray .... some of that stuff shoots 20 feet.... besides id rather beat the hell out of someone for a while the shoot em... but if i had to "disarm some1" ive always thought bout a foot shoot.. boy wouldnt that hurt!!!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 02:44 PM

thanks MdDave , at least someone in here understands better than those idiots in the crossbow section.

Anyhow i'd bump up my budget to $200 for a compound bow. do you know if there is any good brand or model to go with on this range in terms of quality of the bow and upgradability to put add-ons?

and for all those fella who thinks otherwise just mind your own business. i'm taking this as a hobby target practise.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

From this:
ORIGINAL: Kouki_S14
"i'm from KS really , but the main thing im looking to get one of this cause there has been 2 times i almost caught the thief trying to steal my car but being in KS , we cannot injure them with firearms , hence i'm looking for a less deadly force projectile and saw that even airguns are not what i want"

To this, in 24 hours?

ORIGINAL: Kouki_S14

and for all those fella who thinks otherwise just mind your own business. i'm taking this as a hobby target practise.
Yeah, good luck with finding an accessory. I am fairly confident that your choice to address the crossbow section people as idiots will not fool anyone into assisting you. By simply posting what you did you broke the law, on a public forum you asked for advice on a weapon to cause bodily harm, even after repeatedly being told your request was unlawful. I have found the people on this forum to be a pretty level bunch of guys (and gals), I doubt you will find what you are looking for anymore.
This isn't about compound bows, crossbows or guns, it is about assisting a person in a crime.
Aiding and abetting:
A criminal charge of aiding and abetting or accessory can usually be brought against anyone who helps in the commission of a crime, though legal distinctions vary by state. A person charged with aiding and abetting or accessory is usually not present when the crime itself is committed, but he or she has knowledge of the crime before or after the fact, and may assist in its commission through advice, actions, or financial support. Depending on the degree of involvement, the offender's participation in the crime may rise to the level of conspiracy.

You also mentioned you were in this country on a visa, the ice below you is thin, I suggest you take it elsewhere. You may notice your original thread is gone, care to guess where it is now?
It would probably be a good idea to stop and think about your activity here in the past few days,anonymity is no longer an option.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:06 PM

yea whatever Pydpiper, i am fairly sure what i will be using my bow for now which is for target practise hobby. I'm not a young kid just rambling about. I'm a certified engineer if that means anything to you guys at all . well i'd take it to some other forum since this one is less than helpful than to label people as criminal.

cheers