Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

lookin for some good arrows that are cheap

Old 02-25-2007, 07:19 PM

Default RE: lookin for some good arrows that are cheap

yeah thanks littlechief my dad cares for me so much and he knows how my mom is but well itll all change soon im almost 16 now and hopefully ill move with my dad but hey this aint no problem talk this is a hunting forum and i need some arrowsfor turkey seson
Old 02-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

my dad gives her the money for child support and she spends it on her shoes and clothes
That is just so wrong that money is sposed to support you.

Can't you go live with your Dad that way you will get the gear you want and he will save some dollars.

But I do agree with some of the others dont scrimp on arrows get the best you can afford even if it is only 1/2 a dozen.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:29 PM

yea i know i get yall on the 1/2 a dozen andyea im thinkin with movin with my dad but im afraid that it will mess up the little connection i got with my mom and then i really wont talk to her but sooner or later im goin to move with my dad and buy a ranch
well i currently have beman ics arrows and ill see if i can go get some new feathers on them this spring break and then maybe ill get some?what arrows would yall get with my setup?
Old 02-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

But she also buys food and shelter,that goes to him,but I digress.

I know you think you need carbon and I am a carbon fan but I also believe the arrow is the most important piece of equipment you can have,even above the bow.I do not reccomend cheap carbons.

I would rather you buy some aluminum with a thick wall,something like a .014 wall thickness or thicker.Last 2 numbers tell you the thickness(2114).Aluminum arrows are really hard to beat from a quality standpoint and price.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:47 PM

thanks tfox but i really would rather shoot carbons i have heard lots of bad things about aluminums from friends and from my local bowshop but if they work for you thats great but id rather have some carbons...and also food is part of child support and shelter my dad bought the house she lives under and he gave it to her
Old 02-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot ACC's.I prefer carbon but if I only $50.00 to spend,I would shoot aluminum.You just can't compare the quality of $50.00 carbons to $50.00 aluminums.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:12 PM

yea i get you but im goig with the other guys idea with just buying 1/2 a dozen
Old 02-26-2007, 08:17 AM

looking for good cheap arrow - i saw this late - but me too.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

GT XT Hunters. Trim them evenly from both ends and use the pin nock bushing system and cull through the dozen. This is what I did for hunting season last year, because the pros were in low supply and impossible to find. The entire dozen ended up within 3-4 grains with I think 9 of them being within 1 grains. They all spun very well, but I would make sure to cut from both ends to make this happen. You should be able to get them for about $65 per dozen + a few bucks for the pin nock system (well worth the $$$).

Old 02-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can get Gold Tip XT hunters fora decent price onlineat mountain archery. Also, Blackhawk Vapor pro series arrows are pretty decent and they are inexpensive as far as carbon shafts go. I think I paid for camo XT shafts, like $58 delivered. That was unfletched tho.

Quick Reply: lookin for some good arrows that are cheap

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.