Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Slick Tricks

Old 02-22-2007, 08:54 AM

Default Slick Tricks

I have heard some people say that the slick trick broadhead flies just like a fieldpoint even with it being a fixed blade head. I was just windering if this is true and what you all think of them. I have been using mechanical heads and I am not getting the penetration that I want and I fear that it will screw me over one day. So i am wanting to find a fixed blade that flies like a field point. Thanks
Old 02-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Slick Tricks

Dubz444,
Which mechanicals have you been using? I've been doing a lot of research on this and as of right now, I'm planning on using Grim Reapers this year. I have plenty of time to change my mind between now and bow season, though. It'll be interesting to see what pops up on this thread.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

STs flies like your field points that's for sure. They are also very tough and make some very nasty holes on deer.I'm still using the first pack I bought 3 years ago.1 head hasbeen through 4 deers and it's still like new. Of course there are others that is also great and will put any deer down but my choice is SLICK TRICKS.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

Just go ahead and order some. You won't regret it.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: yajsab

Just go ahead and order some. You won't regret it.
YUP!
Old 02-22-2007, 10:22 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Do they fly like field point, yes if your bowis properly tuned, no if it is not. This comes up a lot and IMO it is tuning not the broadhead.

I switched to the Slick Trick last year and I really liked them. A quality broadhead and not switching any time soon. I had to broadhead tune my bow to get them to hit with my fieldpoints. After I did this my Muzzy's, Thunderheads, and Rocky Mountains all hit with my field tips as well.

Don't think you can sight in your bow and shoot field points and then just screw on so ST's and go hunting.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:25 PM

I have shot NAP shockwave and just some cheapies from Wally World (Eastman Outfitters i think) Surprisingly I liked the wal-mart ones the best. The thing is when I killed my first deer with a bow at age 12 I was pulling around 40lbs and using Thunderheads. The arrow blew clean threw without even slowing down and did the same for my next 2 deer, the bad thing is I had to spend time to set up for those broadheads. Now I have taken my last 3 deer with mechanicals and not one single passthrough, but i can strap them on and they fly identical to my field point.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:53 PM

I've tried Muzzy Phamtoms, NAP Thunderheads, just ordered some Slick Trick's I'm trying the same tests to see how close they are to a field point. I have neverhad my bow tuned just bought and shot
WE'LL SEE
Old 02-22-2007, 03:35 PM

With a properly tuned bow, the slick tricks will fly exactly like your fieldpoints. If it is not properly tuned, well, then you have other problems.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

I agree. Bow must be tuned right. Any well made broad head will fly right if bow is tuned well. If you like expendables try the rocket steel head. They open with very little effort. They also have a model with cut on contact tip.

Quick Reply: Slick Tricks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.