Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

no peep options

Old 12-07-2002, 04:49 PM
jca

Default no peep options

i cant stand using a peep, i just missed my second deer this season because of it...please give me any options, kisser button?new sights?
Old 12-07-2002, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: no peep options

I use a timberline no-peep and kisser button.
The No-peep will teach you a consistant anchor point and will soon let you know if you have the slightest bit of hand torque.
You also get full view of the pins and target.

Aussie by birth Texan by choice
Old 12-07-2002, 09:39 PM

Use your same draw anchor and feel and then have someone move your kisser button where you like it. I use an eliminator button and serve it in place to keep it from moving. I look past the left side of the string so I can just see the pin, I'm right handed. I also use a tied in nock set and the total weight of the kisser and serving is only 6 grains. I shoot well enough that I don't often practice shooting at the same spot at 20 yards because of damaging arrows. Good luck.
Old 12-09-2002, 01:22 PM

I use a hindsight on my hunting bow. www.hindsightco.com
this gives me a good view of the target.
Old 12-09-2002, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for THE no-peep. Great item for a hunting bow...

Old 12-10-2002, 05:27 AM

With enough practice you can be successful without anything. However, if you want an aid, then I recommend the Timberline No-Peep. It allows to either use it or to ignore it. If you make adjustments to your rest, nock point or draw length, the No-Peep does not have to be adjusted.

Old 12-10-2002, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

How does the no-peep work with various distances?If you use it at 20 yards how does it line up at 40 yards?
Old 12-10-2002, 06:57 AM

The relationship between you and your bow will not change, like with a floating anchor. Your aiming point will change but your eye and it's alignment with the riser will not.

-Chief
Old 12-11-2002, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

I've had the No-peep on my bow for about a year now and have loved it. Excellent piece of equipment for getting you to anchor consistently and showing hand torque. It's also nice to have the option to shoot under low light conditions.

But this season I did find what I would call a major weakness in the No-peep. Any of you ever come to full draw and cross check the No-peep in the rain? I did with a fork-horn 35yds broadside and I couldnt make out anything in the No-peep. That thing looked like a kaleidoscope with a couple drops of rain on it. I was in a treestand, heavy winter clothes and this was the limits of my range so I didnt take the shot cause I couldnt be sure of my anchor. I let down and tried to wipe it out but my hands were wet as well so that one got to pass. I hunted with it all this season in WV and we had some pretty good snow. All I did was worry about the no-peep getting an ice crystal on it and making it unuseable.

It has improved the consistency of my anchor and made me aware of minor hand tourque that I would not have noticed otherwise but I think it's going in the ole tackle box. At lease with a peep sight I can blow out the rain drop while I'm at full draw.

Cargo