Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

out of adjustment, still hitting right

Old 02-19-2007, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default out of adjustment, still hitting right

I have a single pin Cobra sight on my Vectrix and am adjusted all the way to the right. Yet, my arrows still hit 3 inches right. I have no more adjustment and am gonna put a spacer plate between the mount bracket and the riser to allow more "right" movement. Before I do that, I have 2 questions:

1- does this indicate something wrong with the bow or its assembly?

2- where can I get a 1/4 inch spacer plate with (bow standard) sizedpre-drilled holes?
Old 02-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: out of adjustment, still hitting right

1- does this indicate something wrong with the bow or its assembly?

2- where can I get a 1/4 inch spacer plate with (bow standard) sizedpre-drilled holes?
This would be improper arrow spine or the rest is not set on center shotcould bea combination of both.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

What buckeye said,check your centershot.Sometimes a small adjustment on your rest will make a big difference.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:56 PM

If you are new to this,it sounds to me like you may need a knowledgable person set up your rest for you. I agree w/ the other 2 suggestions that your centershot is off. If you want to do it yourself, move the rest in small incraments the opposite direction of the impact. In your case to the left.You should then need to move the sight to the left w/ each change.

If you keep moving the sight out and your point of impact is always to the right the bow is shooting the same based on the present settings.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

This would be improper arrow spine or the rest is not set on center shotcould bea combination of both.
The arrow I was shooting was a CX maxima 250 cut at 27.5" fletched with 4" feathers tipped with a 100gr field point. My drawlength is 26" @ 60lbs using awrist strap styleindex finger trigger release.There are 3 brass nocks on the string with a 1/4" tube style peep. The arrow AFAIK should fall right in spine range for my set-up.

ORIGINAL: archer58

it sounds to me like you may need a knowledgable person set up your rest for you.
It was the pro shop (Hoyt dealer) that setmy Ripcordup for me and according to my limited understanding of "center shot" it is on. When I line up the string with the center of the bottom riser, the center of the rest falls perfectly in line with the stringas well. However, with the pin sight adjusted all the way to the right, my pin is still left of the string. In fact, I was at a different pro shop browsing around and asked about this and even they said my center shot looked right. On top of that, when I shoot the bow, the arrow comes out straight and stays straight the whole 20,30,40,50 and even 60 yards.

What should I do next?
Old 02-20-2007, 05:21 AM

are you getting scuff marks on your vanes - or the drop cord, or the launcher? do your vanes have clearance to get past the cables?
Old 02-20-2007, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rather than eyeball your center shot to justyour rest, nock an arrow, line the string up to the center of yourriser (just like you have done already)and relate that to the end of your arrow. This will show if your rest is out much better than just looking at the rests launcher arm.

Kinda like aiming a handgun and aiming a rifle. The longer distance is more accurate.

Gibblet made some good suggestions to check out as well.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:07 AM

I had the same problem with my new Fred Bear. Arrow spined correctly, center shot good, paper tuning looks good . . . And I finally added a spacer and moved the sight to the right 1/4". Problem solved.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

nevermind if you read that spine thing...CX has to be goofy lol...your arrow should be fine..gotta be centershot with the rest. id head to a shop and have them help you. thats the best way to get it all fixed and shooting properly. they will re tune it and align the sights...just take your gear in and tell them whats goin on. my shop had me set up and on target within minutes.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd think maybe a different style sight may be in store. But I think that you should walk-back tune it.

On top of that, when I shoot the bow, the arrow comes out straight and stays straight the whole 20,30,40,50 and even 60 yards.
But it doesn't drift one way or the other??? If the sight is out of alignment, at 60yds, you'd should be WAY right, not just a little bit if the sight is out of alignment. If the sight truly is that far off, then there are lots of questions I'd have. Post a pic, and let us see it, then you may get some better suggestions. If it is this sight Cobra King Cobra 1, then there have been some problems noted with elevation, but not windage, see link: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/reviews.jsp?productid=417603

Quick Reply: out of adjustment, still hitting right

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.