Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

out of adjustment, still hitting right

Old 02-20-2007, 12:52 PM

Default RE: out of adjustment, still hitting right

One of the rules of tuning is that if moving something one way doesn't work, try moving it the other way.

With that in mind, spray a little foot powder on your riser and rest to check for fletching contact. Just a little contact will cause your other tuning efforts to givecrazy results.

Also, download the Easton Tuning Guide. It covers all of the basic tuning quite well.

A second rule of tuning is to tune with a straight arrow. Check all of your arrows on a spinner and pick the best one. As Len has pointed out and my own limited testing confirms, even the best arrows will have a few that are not within advertises tolerences for straightness.

Good luck,
Allen
Old 02-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Rather than eyeball your center shot to justyour rest, nock an arrow, line the string up to the center of yourriser (just like you have done already)and relate that to the end of your arrow. This will show if your rest is out much better than just looking at the rests launcher arm.
Just did that... I centered the string between the split limbs and looked where the arrow was in relation... it was dead nuts center.

Like I said, the arrows fly as perfectly straight out of the bow as my 20/20 eyes can tell. There's no dipping or left right movement. I haven't tried the walk back tuning methodbut will give that a try. I have a feeling that it wont uncover anything grossly wrong though. Reason I say this is because at 20 yards, it was about the same off to the right as it was at 60 yards. But, we'll see. Maybe I can get some pictures too.

Thanks for the help so far guys.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:49 PM

if you're 2" right at 20 yards - you should be 2' right at 60 yards.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:32 AM

I'm not familiar w/ the Vectrix at all but I would try looking at top cam lean.
My Trykon acted the same way initially and it turned out I needed to get a static , non-floating yoke.
TFOX may know what to look for on the Vectrix.
I believe all the suggestions made have covered almost every possible problem. If,in fact ,you don't have center shot or contact problems I'd look at the top cam lean. It took just a few twists on either side to get it perfect.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gibblet

You'll have to explain that one.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:17 AM

how come? if you're shooting right at a 1.5 degree angle when you're trying to shoot straight- the farther you are away from the target the larger the triangle becomes, even though its a 'similar' triangle. the more distance from the target you have - the more time the arrow has to move along its intended path - right of the target - even thought its still shot at a 1.5 degree angle to the right.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

In fact, I was at a different pro shop browsing around and asked about this and even they said my center shot looked right. On top of that, when I shoot the bow, the arrow comes out straight and stays straight the whole 20,30,40,50 and even 60 yards.

What should I do next?
I was thinking the same thing as gibblet, but at 60yds, it would be more like 8-10" right, not a whole 2ftand was going to post, but he beat me to it. That being said, I have a hard time believing theabove bolded part, or at least in relation to the site it wouldn't be straight. Also it is quite diffucult to shoot a single pin out to 60yds with a 260fps bow unless you have a 7ft target. As an arrow would have about a 7'8" arc over that distance. This is why most "archers" are using 3pin, 5pin and even some 7 and 9 pin sites. I personally like a 5 pin +1, and don't really have the accuracy that I'd ever need a 9 pin, but I do have an extra 6th pin added to my site, for that 65yd shot, not that I'd ever take a shot that long on game, but it's good to practice out to distances like that, because it makes your accuracy better after pacticing that long when you shoot closer up.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:28 PM

i could shoot out to 90 yards w/ a single pin back sliding sight. i had a 3 pin rear slider i could shoot out to 120 yards. the arrow looked like something from the movies - just lobbed.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:33 PM
Typical Buck

A perfect set center shotdoes not always workfor everyone. You still might have to fine tune your rest to fit you. I had to move mine to the right to paper tune it, and then I did the walk back tuning thing too. I have a Rip Cord rest as well. Just try moveing your rest to the left and try it. Can't hurt. Are you shooting with both eyes open or one shut? I have to close my left eye because thats my dominat eye,

And John what are you doing on here...don't you have strings to make...LOL

Kidding..Take Care.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gibblet

That could be true only if my center shot was off. And even if it was off, it doesn't neccessarily mean the arrow willhit 2 feet right at 60yds. It all depends on how far the center shotwas off to begin with. Do I have this right?

Gibblet, I checked as carefully as I could for clearance issues and I do not believe I have any.

Anyway, here is a pic of the walk back shots. 15,25,30,35,40,45 yards. I skippedthe 20yd markbecause I didn't wanna chance destroying an arrow. 15 and 20 yard shots sometimes hit the target much the same for me. So as you can see, my original suspicionsmightvery well betrue. Center shot seems fine. So is it safe nowto conclude that my pin sight just doesn't have enough adjustment in it and needed a spacer?

BTW, I added a 3/8 inch spacer plate to my pin sight mount in order to get these shots to land in the center of the bale. The bow now shoots consistently where I aim it and I have plenty of windage adjustment left in either direction.

Quick Reply: out of adjustment, still hitting right

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.