Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

UPDATE - Allegiance Issue

Old 02-19-2007, 11:35 PM

Default RE: UPDATE - Allegiance Issue

First I,d hope your cam problem is solved .
Did they also add any washers ?
As far as being upset...GGGRRRRR..............
I also keep my guns and bows as clean and scratch free as possible .
If it was my bow and I picked it up looking like that I,d have to go out to the parking lot just to catch my breath .
I wouldnt no where to begin .
I,d go to the owner or manager and explain to them you are very grateful for there help resolving the problem , but you are not happy with the looks of your bow at all .Tell them you want it to look like it did when you brought it there to be fixed .
If they wont do anything.
Then I,d talk to Bowtech and see if they could call the dealer to make it right .
Good Luck.......
Old 02-20-2007, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man that flat sucks, has the bow been there all this time?

The amount of scratches and their location make it hard for me to believe it was a one time scratch, almost looks repetitive. (like being hauled in a ATV handle bar type bow holder) I’m not saying that is what happened, but I could see where it would do something similar.

Either repetitive motion or it was placed in a VICE unprotected!

No matter the cause, you at least need to let them know about it and see what they say. If it is anything other than a positive outcome it is time to drop the shop.
No more bowtech shops in the area? You know the next move…..

I doubt he will cover a dip job, but some sort of monetary recourse is in order.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:18 AM

i'm having a hard time figuring out what did that - BECAUSE - if it wasn't some type of clamping tool as there's marks on top and bottom - i don't know what could have done that other than a dog - and if a dog didn't do it - that's not the only area of your bow to take a hit. for something to get in there and make those scratches it would seem other parts of your bow may have taken a hit also.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

4Tracks, to answer your questions. Yes the cam issue is fixed. It looks perfect now. No, there were no washers added to correct the issue. As Bowtech suspected when it was called it, it was a limb fault that was causing the issue.

Gibblet, I hear ya. I have no idea what they did to cause something like this. My first thoughts were that is was done in the press. But, they use an Apple Pro and I can't image how in the world they could have done something like that in the press.

I don't know, I'm calling the shop when they open to find out what they say. I can definitely see a different shop on the horizon.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:33 AM

Muzz,
Glad you got your issue fixed. In th issue of keeping on good terms with the pro shop, I wouldn't go nuts, but you should definitely bring that thing back to them. That scratch if awful. Major letdown.

When you have a minute, if you don't mind, post a picture of how the cam looks. I am curious as to how it is supposed to look. I was at the shop last night and of 12 Allegiances and Tributes, the all looked a little close. Not for nothing, so does the Guardian and the Commander that my buddy bought.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

I don't know, I'm calling the shop when they open to find out what they say. I can definitely see a different shop on the horizon.
I think you would get farther if you went down there instead of calling. Lots of people are tough over the phone, but when in person, not so much. Also, you can show them what you are concerned with,instead of trying to explain it.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

The marks look too...evenly spacedto have been dropped. I'd say that it was put in some sort of clamp that lost it's grip.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Muzz,

I am glad to hear that you had the cam/limb issue resolved but I am sad to see the scratches you posted. Good luck just hasn't been coming your way lately.

I am a bit at a loss to explain the scratches as well. It could be a variety of things. If they dropped the riser after they took the limbs off or someone had it in their hand as they were walking around the counter and it rubbed against something sharp...I just don't know. I do know that you seem to be headed in the right direction to have things remedied. I would be curious to hear what the shop says and what it would cost to have it redipped.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Muzzy,

Sorry to hear about your tuff luck... You could always get that predator camo dip done, I'd be jealous then

Hope everything gets taken care of for you.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

MM88,

You have every right to be pissed, i would be super pissed off!
That being said, go to the shop and try to talk to them in a civil manor,
( i know it would be difficult due to the circumstances) and see what they will do for you.
If that doesn't work, contact Bowtech, and tell them the situation.
Good luck

Quick Reply: UPDATE - Allegiance Issue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.