Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

rt900 question

Old 02-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default rt900 question

I just received the RT900 yesterday. I noticed that there is no tail light hole. It seemed like the hole is in the middle of the sight. Is this the new design or the old? The fiber are not that bright either (at least not what I expected). Theseare the .019 pins. I ordered it from eaglearchery.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: rt900 question

ORIGINAL: yajsab

I just received the RT900 yesterday. I noticed that there is no tail light hole. It seemed like the hole is in the middle of the sight. Is this the new design or the old? The fiber are not that bright either (at least not what I expected). Theseare the .019 pins. I ordered it from eaglearchery.
Is there a hole on the side of the sight at the rear perpendicular to the fiber tubes? Take a look here, this may help http://www.extremearchery.com/sights1.html.
Mine was a pain to install, the theads on the sight seemed to have alot of paint in them. I just keep messing with it till I got the light installed.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Madjac20

ORIGINAL: yajsab

Is there a hole on the side of the sight at the rear perpendicular to the fiber tubes? Take a look here, this may help http://www.extremearchery.com/sights1.html.
Mine was a pain to install, the theads on the sight seemed to have alot of paint in them. I just keep messing with it till I got the light installed.

No. There is no hole there. The hole seems to be in the middle (half way)of that bracket where the fiber tube penetrated.

Yes, there seemed to be some paint and burrs in that hole.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

you have the new design. they moved the whole to eliminate problems with turning the light on with aquiver attached. i find it hard to believe the pins aren't bright enough. maybe you got a bad batch of fibers? every extreme sight i have or have seen has very bright fibers.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Shootem up870

you have the new design. they moved the whole to eliminate problems with turning the light on with aquiver attached. i find it hard to believe the pins aren't bright enough. maybe you got a bad batch of fibers? every extreme sight i have or have seen has very bright fibers.
Make sense.

Yes, I was disappointed about the fibers. Under normal house lights, the fibers are dimmed. If I turn off the light in the room and stand next to the door way with lights on on the other room, the fibers are totally dead.

I've put in order for the Fitz. I hope these will be as great as what everyone said.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:18 AM

I just got the same sight myself and the light hole is in the middle. If you read the box it says it's there not only to light up the pins but also shine a little on the orange ring around the sight to give you a better line up and it works. I have a copper john with the light on my other bow and it shines directly on the pins and floods everything out and you can't see your target the rt is a much better design.