Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BOW GEOMETRY/DESIGN ADDRESSED

Old 02-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BOW GEOMETRY/DESIGN ADDRESSED

Thanks so much for one of your last bits of knowledge available here, Len. It was great shooting with you and David at that Huntinfo shoot several years ago. It has been a great pleasure to read your informative posts. My best to you and David in all that you do in the future.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:11 AM

yep, there is a couple tuning guru's out there, just a couple, and len is one of them = guys (or gals) w/ the complete picture. its why its been so incredible that len posts here, and one of the biggest reasons i poke my head in here all the time - to see what i can learn. len's said i can come by his shop for some tutoring on the way to get my machine. if i don't learn the stuff he knows, who is going to? and who is going to dispell false info - which runs rampant thru tech talk. there is no one here who can - besides arthur now- that's it - and we'll see if he's willing to. so far, lately, i don't see him either. there is nothing like getting corrected by art or len, becausei knowi just got straightened out - i know it, and i'm grateful. seriously - there is not 1 person here - that i see post in the tech section - who can straighten anyone out anymore-except w/ simple issues - and most of the info i see is bad. i always knew it was safe to post my thoughts and ideas - because i knew one of those fellows would straighten me out if i'm wrong - now - if i'm wrong -or whoever is wrong - there really isn't anyone here besides quite a few of us level b techs, and i'm sorry to say that's not enough. i'm not sure if i'll be picking up my pm's from here or not anymore.i'll be available by email always. i'm not sure if i'm going to sell here, or stop by to see if i can help anyone. i'm going to talk w/ justin and decide.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, IMHO, it's a good thing you come on here, John. Crackers and Len are a cut above, no matter how often they get questioned and sometimes dissed by those who don't know what they don't know. You seem to be on your way. Keep at it.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

What? Mentioning Mike Carter is taboo too? Sheese![:@]
Old 02-07-2007, 06:30 AM

i don't think that's it at all w/ using c r a c k e r s - i believe when you take the 's' off - you get what can be a racial slur. i've posted mike's site before - cartersarchery.com - and its not an issue.

and you're right joe - they are - and i'm very happy to be involved w/ both of them, and i'm happy to be corrected, and i give them both their due publicly - and i believe that's why they've both helped me, and hopefully will continue to do so. john
Old 02-07-2007, 07:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am sorry you feel that way gibblet but I hope you stick around. You never know who is going to pop out of the wings.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

David might be banned but i'm sure his brother or cousin could still come on here on his behalf
Old 02-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

O'man, this may be the next post to get locked shortly!!!
We're all humans here, and as humans we are certainly subject to making mistakes. We all do!
Quite a few of us have stuck around this forum for years, and sometimes we don't always agree, but this is what makes things interesting.
As grown men there's absolutely no reason why we cannot get our differences settled. Quite a few guys have either removed themselves or have been keeping a low profile and speaking for myself I have really missed their input.
Mentioning names isn't going to help at this time. I only pray that whatever the reasons we can put this behind us and get along together.
We have in the past and we can in the future.
Let us not fray and fizzle, without each other we're but a lonely sole looking it all directions for a heading. Together, we can lean of each other for help, which no only benefits ourselves, but improves our standard, as together we can build by using many blocks at a time.
Whatever the problem let's try and get it fixed, one way or another. Placing blame, pointing fingers--- ISN'T going to get it done.
Sometimes, depending on the situation, it's better to forget the past and think about the future--looking back we will lose vision of what's coming ahead.
Guys let's all try and get along--this is all in our own interest, fora sport we all love so dearly. As wellas a forum and friends who have been there for each other. We can do it!!!

Old 02-07-2007, 03:56 PM

nice post and good insight
Old 02-08-2007, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear that gibblet. Wish you wouldn't burn this bridge, but your a grown man. Do what you must.I'll miss your humor.

Quick Reply: BOW GEOMETRY/DESIGN ADDRESSED

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.