Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

can't seem to get my hoyt vortec sighted in

Old 12-03-2002, 06:13 PM

Default can't seem to get my hoyt vortec sighted in

I shot this bow and it was the quietest and smoothest.. i dunno if i got the wrong draw length or if my spring tension isn't right.. i'm goin to back down on the lbs tomorrow to 65 or so.. i'm going to the pro shop friday and see what it aint... i may have to get a new cam.. here is my question.. i bought it setup used for 540... would i be better off trading this bow in for another bow that i can shoot accurately w/out having to get a new cam, 75 bucks, release(mines crappy, i'll get anohter one anyway), and whatever else i have to get???? would i be better off trading it in and getting a parker.. how much are some of the parkers??? i used to have one and loved it, now i could kick my self in the butt for selling it

People use duct tape to fix things, god used nails.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:20 AM

Default RE: can't seem to get my hoyt vortec sighted in

Why do you need a new cam? the draw length should be adjustable, there could be many reasons you can't sight it in, if you draw the bow back and anchor at your jaw bone, somewhere under your ear, everyones different, if you use release, you should be able to touch you nose to the string after you anchor, that will tell you your draw is correct, also your center shot could be off, your nocking point, or it may be your hand torque, here is a grip to try that will put your hand where it needs to be, grab the grip like you are making a fist around it, take your bottom three fingers and tuck them behind the grip leaving only your index finger around the front of the grip this is the proper grip, this puts the pressure point of the grip at the right part of your hand and helps prevent torque, and don't tense your grip when you shoot, this is how I shoot and have taught many the same. You have a great bow, try to work with the shop and figure out what the problem is.....good luck!