Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Question for you shop owners....

Old 01-28-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Question for you shop owners....

We are needing to replace the wall for our indoor range......The stuff we have been using for years we can't get anymore. The place that made it burned to the ground...major bummer..

Anyway, what do ya'll use for material for you target wall?
Old 01-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Question for you shop owners....

1/4" steel plate best back stop I have found
Old 01-29-2007, 04:04 AM

i agree, and it really helps w/ arrow sales.

honestly, what's wrong w/ a chicken-wire frame stuffed w/ old clothes, blankets, and stuff.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:17 AM
Typical Buck

There are a million things you can use. I am in the works of opening aan indoor range myself and have had the issues of finding AFFORDABLE backstop material. I have decided to go with straw, faced with 1/2 inch foam insulation, covered in camo burlap. For a 20 yard by 8' backstop will be less than $1000. I though about using a butt system but, that would be about $16000. Choice is yours but, I am taking the less expensive, conservative route LOL.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mobow--not sure what you have in mind to spend on the replacement.
However at the recent ATA show I looked at the Spyder Spyvlar 48" X 48" X 24" targets, a MSRP of $699 US each (shipping etc not included). They are saying the target face will last for 18 months--but broadheads will ruin it very quickly.
You can check these and other size targets out at:- www.spyderwebtargets.com

Old 01-29-2007, 12:23 PM

If you're talking about target butts cardboard compressed in a 48" double screw press works great. If you live near a big city then large phone books (Yellow Pages) stacked bottom facing out work well and recycling them is a great community service.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

i dont own a shop, but I do have a big range. I got baled cardboard from the grocery store in town, stacked them. NOTHING goes through them.

Old 01-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

I got baled cardboard from the grocery store in town, stacked them. NOTHING goes through them.
I agree with the cardboard. We make a press for pressing the cardboard down some and it will stop any bow you would want to shoot.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with the cardboard. We make a press for pressing the cardboard down some and it will stop any bow you would want to shoot.
I do the same. Stack up 2 of them (using a motor hoist), then build a frame around them with 2 x 4's, then cut the metal bands. They tend to do a number on arrows
Old 01-29-2007, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

The shop I go to uses the giant BLOCK targets, they are like 5' square. they work real nice.

Quick Reply: Question for you shop owners....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.