Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peeps

Old 01-19-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Peeps

I'm having my bow set up primarily for hunting. My question is type of peep to use or are they all pretty much the same.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:09 PM

Default RE: Peeps

i like the peeps with the tube getting it straight and i like a 1/4 " hole for hunting
Old 01-19-2007, 06:47 PM

Any one ever try to make crosshairs in their peep sight? It seems to me that doing this would make you a lot more consistant shooting and and drawing the bow back each time.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: drhoyt

i like the peeps with the tube getting it straight and i like a 1/4 " hole for hunting
I'm the opposite. I hate the tube with a passion. To me it made my bow louder and slower. Plus I don't like the idea of aiming a huge rubber band at my eyeball....

I just used a 3/16" Fletcher Tru Peep. I also use a round pin guard. Center the pin guard, not the pins, in the peep. It works much better and allows more light in.

I also found that I shot just as good without a peep - just a kisser button.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:38 PM

I flat out HATE peep sights. I just took mine off the other day and while it takes some getting used to, I really like it. It will be even better when I get my no peep installed.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm the opposite. I hate the tube with a passion. To me it made my bow louder and slower. Plus I don't like the idea of aiming a huge rubber band at my eyeball....

I just used a 3/16" Fletcher Tru Peep. I also use a round pin guard. Center the pin guard, not the pins, in the peep. It works much better and allows more light in.
I whole-heartedly agree,though I think I use an even bigger Tru Peep. Centering the ping guard every time also produces a more repeatable, consistent anchor while you merely move the pin to the target instead of moving your head.

The only reason I could think that anyone would still have a rubber tube on their string is if they've never shot quality strings and didn't realize that peep rotation is a thing of the past with them.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:23 AM

i shoot a stock string and haven't messed around with the string rotation but i am thinking about trying it. how exactly do you do that
Old 01-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I whole-heartedly agree,though I think I use an even bigger Tru Peep. Centering the ping guard every time also produces a more repeatable, consistent anchor while you merely move the pin to the target instead of moving your head.

The only reason I could think that anyone would still have a rubber tube on their string is if they've never shot quality strings and didn't realize that peep rotation is a thing of the past with them.

I agree 100 %... My words exactly!!!
Old 01-20-2007, 01:21 PM

I was out shooting my bow at the local range we have in one of our public parks today and my tubing decided to break on my peep sight... Kind of annoying but now I will definitely be looking for going tubeless. It did however break on the side nearest to the actual peep so there was no snap back into my eye!
Old 01-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

You are lucky,,a break like thatcould damage you permanently.. One reason not to use the tubing. It just takes once.

Quick Reply: Peeps

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.