Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

My 07 Allegiance...Perfection?

Old 01-19-2007, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My 07 Allegiance...Perfection?

Sure thing... send $749 to...
Not exactly what I had in mind.... Of course, if that meant I can get one in about a week.........
Old 01-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice rig. I would love to see what a setup like that felt during the shot. Maybe the outdoors show I am headed to tomorrow will have some for me to try out.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

PABowhntr,of the handful of shots I put through it, I'm really amazed so far at the difference the STS made on an already low shock bow. When I first set it up, I had just the Simms Mod Stabilzer and stock string silencers. The bare bow I shot before I bought it had a bit of handle buzz. After throwing my stab on it and other components on, it made quite a difference. However, the addition of the STS and leaches made a dramatic difference on this bow.

I'll try to confirm my findings this weekend.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:07 PM

Muzzyman, where can one get that Mean V? and how much was it?
Old 01-20-2007, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

in da woods, I got mine on AT from a guy named MeanV2. I paid 44.00 for mine shipped. They're a little higher than a standard STS, but the OEM look and weight of this one is worth it.

Old 01-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

I've got one of MeanV's systems on the way in matching camo for my '06 Hardwoods HD Allegiance. Hopefully, it'll be in the mail today. Got one on my tribute too. Great product!

Brother Greg, I can't make up my mind about the stabilizer. I really would like to try a Stealth 6" on it, but honestly, the Modular has worked so well I can't see switching at this point.
BTW...nice looking set-up ya got there! I've got a 6" Stealth on both of my bowtechs. They're great stabilizers but you might better stick with yourSims. Apparently,Stealth doesn't offer them in MO Obsession camo anymore.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I chrono'd the bow after putting on the STS thing I discovered I lost about 5fps. I'm not concerned, just surprised by the amount of speed I lost with it. But the gain in noise and vibration reduction well out-weighs that.

WNY, yeah, I saw they didn't offer matching camo. But to tell ya the truth, as long as its close, I don't really worry about it. Heck, the Simms isn't even close now. But it sure does work.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now that's a first... I'd always heard people say they GAINED a few fps with STS-type devices, since the string released the arrow at brace instead of the string "pulling" at the arrow as it went past brace.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:39 PM

Is there anyway the chrono could have been off onyour first test??
Old 01-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a good point. I didn't mention the second time I chrono'd was on a different machine. Hmmm, wonder which one is right?

Quick Reply: My 07 Allegiance...Perfection?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.