Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

allegiance/tribute

Old 01-15-2007, 06:38 PM
t3

Default allegiance/tribute

i havent had the chance to shoot these bows yet but these are the two that im considering so if yall could give me yalls opinions on these two bows and why you would choose/chose one or the other i would greatly appreciate it.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:25 PM

Default RE: allegiance/tribute

I chose the 07 Tribute for the following reasons.
1) Less hand shock. The allegiance is so light that you feel alot of vibration in the handle after the shot.
2) The Tribute had a better brace height for a short ATA bow.
3)Tribute was a little quieter due to the fact that the limb pockets are angled back slightly more than the allegiance. At full draw the limbs are actually a little beyond parallel which absorbs more shock after the shot.
4) Other than that, the bows are almost identical. They are just that close. You really can't go wrong either way. They are both great bows in my book.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot both and chose the Allegiance. I like a little more ATA length. Once a good stabilzer was put on these two, neither of them exibited much handshock at all IMO. I also liked the added speed of the Allegiance. Though I'm not a speed freak, I figure if I can get more speed for "free", why not.

Either way, you can't go wrong with either of them. Both are plenty accurate, fast and quiet.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Easier said than done! They're both good shooting bows, with slightly different personalities.
I think you're going to have to shoot them both yourself and thenmake that decision.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:36 AM

i agree with ampahunter.. shoot both !! I have a tribute and wouldn't change, but that doesn't you will like the feel .. Shot them then make the purchase. Both shoot good and hit hard. good luck
Old 01-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Banned

I shot the 06 Tribute and 06 Allegience. Chose the Tribute. Liked it slightly better but honestly not a lot of diifference. Blind folded I think you would be hardpressed to tell the difference. I chose the Tribute as it was their flagship bow last year and I liked the beyond parallel look better. Bowtech makes awesome bows.