Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

***QAD Update***

Old 01-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default ***QAD Update***

Some of you might remember me purchasing a QAD LD last week. I have been shooting it for 4 days solid now. Well, my nightmare was realized. Tonight, after shooting, I was looking the rest over and noticed there was a very small crack developing where the screws hold the launcher on the arm. I didn't put the second launcher on, but opted to try what was on the rest when purchased. I know this crack wasn't there before. I'm not sure what to make of it. However, I immediatly decided its coming off.

To be honest, I was a little worried about this and a number of other area's of the rest. I can't believe this rest retails for over 100.00 and have quite a few plastic parts on it. Even the containment bar is made of plastic. I was a little disapointed in that when I mounted it, however, like many things, its usually my imagination.

So, I put good old reliable back on, the APA Twister Safari. I mounted it, took it to the garage, shot two shots through paper and was getting perfect bullet holes. Checked fletch contact...none.

I can not for the life of me see how the APA's aren't more popular. Its the ultimate hunting rest IMO.

I guess I'll have to wait and see what comes out at the ATA now.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Spike

Default RE: ***QAD Update***

I've used the QAD for 3yrs. and haven't had any problems with the Delirin parts. Sorry to hear you didn't like it.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I never had issues with the launcher, except clearance when I installed in on my 6" brace height "Frankenstein" bow with Black Knight cams. I did have the launcher hang up a few too many times, and finally took the full capture latch out. Mine functions like a Trophy Taker now, and I have not had any more problems with it. The APA sounds intriguing, but I think if I change out rests, I will go for the Muzzy Next Gen.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:27 PM

Yea plastic has no place on a hunting rest. It's only a matter of time before something happens. I'm looking at the new Spot hogg Whammy to come out. Looks like a innovative design.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:33 PM

Thanks for the update muzzy, that is a rest that I was considering I think now I am deffinately going with the APA.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am by no way bashing the rest, I'm sure a lot of people have had good luck with it. However, I'm a worry wart at heart and had my doubts about certain aspects of this rest from the get go. One of them was realized. Curiousity got the best of me and I had to see what the deal was with this one.

On the other hand, I really should start a campiagn for the APA rest. It is by far the best hunting drop away I've owned. And I've had a bunch of them while searching for the perfect rest. About the only complaint I have with the APA is that for some odd reason, the rubber coating dry rots on the bend and needs replaced after about a year. The one thing I love about the rest is how neatly is sets up on the Bowtechs with the tab on the cable slide. It uses about a 5" or 6" piece of cord to do it this way. And, it tucks up against the cable rod nicely.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one , cant get fletch clearance with it, it is suposedly the "new improved model" . Im not new to fallaway rests , and have tryed as many tweaks as my patience will alow [not many] to make it work . Im back to feathers so the slight contact does not hurt anything