Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

carbon arrows?

Old 01-09-2007, 01:28 PM

Default RE: carbon arrows?

ORIGINAL: killzonearchery

mine have doin this and i think it is safe if they are not peeling to bad.
That advice could get someone really hurt!
Do NOT under any circumstances shoot ANY arrow that is showing ANY defect whatsoever.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Campo

Do NOT under any circumstances shoot ANY arrow that is showing ANY defect whatsoever.
well said Campo
Old 01-09-2007, 03:02 PM

If carbon's are so dangerous and you're supposed to toss out any that are not 100% (costing even more money) I think i'll stick with aluminum.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Please don't shoot damaged arrows!

Especially carbon, but really any damaged arrows.[&:]
Old 01-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Campo

Exactly... I had one of my Beman ICS Hunter 340's land short of my Block 4X4 and scoot along the ground, under the Block 4X4 and get stopped by a rock near my woodpile. It was okay - I was using field points, and misjudged the 30 yard shot (with a 20 yard pin!). [:-]

I found the Beman ICS Hunter 340 and it was dirty, but unharmed. But I didn't want to take a chance with it, so I put it aside and resumed practice with the remaining arrows.

Once I was done, and about to put my stuff away, I got a magnifying glass and carefully examined the whole entire carbon arrow all over from nock to insert, all the way around. I was checking for cracks, splits, splinters, etc... and everything was okay.

Butch A.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

After looking at this photo, you can make your own decision. (this is not me)

Old 01-10-2007, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

It takes alot to damage carbon arrows. If your alum arrow had a crease or big dent in it....would you still shoot it?

The only carbon arrows I've actually damaged was via a robin hood or when I missed a target a 50yds and hit a brick wall. Busted a big chunk out of the brick and shoved the insert and tip back and split the end of the arrow.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

I have been shooting very tight groups and I noticed on a couple of my carbons that they have a small groove cut in them. Must be from my field points hitting them. The arrows are not cracked. Would they still be safe to shoot? They are Easton Carbon Excell 400's.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's a person decision. Without actually seeing them I would say no....but if they are only cosmetic and not "deep" then they may be ok.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive seen many carbon arrows snap , get rid of it .I shoot easton axis shafts , if they take a hard hit , I get rid of them , let alone show signs of damage .

Quick Reply: carbon arrows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.