Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New Rest, kinda freaked out...

Old 01-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Rest, kinda freaked out...

I was at Cabela's today and rummaging through the bargain cave. I stumbled across a basically brand new Qad Ultra Rest Pro LD. It was 60.00 so I figured what the heck, I always wanted to try one.

Now, I have to say, I've been using an APA Twister for the past two seasons and love it for the most part so changing rests has me kinda freaked out for some reason.

Anyway, I got it mounted up this evening and set the timing per instructions. I didn't use the little cable clamp thing, I just served it to the down cable. Setup arrow height and windage and shot a few arrows through paper and powder tested. No contact and almost a perfect bullet hole in about 5 shots.

So far, I kind of like this thing. Adjustments are easy to get to, seems very quiet and total containment. I'm going to the club tomorrow night to really start shooting it, but I am pretty confident in it thus far.

Does anyone else get freaked out when changing rests? Sights, quivers, etc, no problem. But rests for some reason have me a lil jumpy
Old 01-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New Rest, kinda freaked out...

They used to until I got my laser and levels... [8D]
Old 01-07-2007, 08:58 PM

I don't mind changing sights but when I think about changing rests it gives me the heeby jeebies like you for some reason. I can't see shooting anything different than my NAP dropaway. Maybe its the set-up and getting it back to shooting perfectly again but I do not like messing with my rest once my bow is tuned and shooting well.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's not so much putting on the new rest that I don't like, it's taking one off that is already well tuned and shooting well that I don't like to do.[&:]
Old 01-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

Same here. When I change rests I think I will never get it like I want. Scared me to death when I change from the Schaffer to the Muzzy rest, but I wanted the Muzzy to hunt with.

You got a bargain for sure with that QAD LD for $60.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

They used to until I got my laser and levels... [8D]

This might be the best thing it is suited for.Would be very easy to put the lazer on,mark an arrow with your old rest and then just adjust the rest untill the lazer hits the mark.

Of course,I just use a $10.00 precision scale.(ruler) [8D]

I don't get too freaked out about any of it anymore.

Old 01-07-2007, 09:26 PM

You can change pert near anything on a bow and not cause major problems.......EXCEPT the rest....Good golly miss molly I HATE changing rests.....Let the work begin. [:@]
Old 01-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ha, here I thought I was the only nut in the tree. I only will mess with this sort of thing in the winter months. I still have the APA and won't get rid of that thing. Its kind of a pain to adjust, but when you eventually get it right, its a sweet hunting rest. I have just been intrigued by this QAD and wanted to see if I liked it.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's not so much putting on the new rest that I don't like, it's taking one off that is already well tuned and shooting well that I don't like to do.[&:]
Yep. I agree whole-heartedly on that one.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I get that way when swapping strings & cables. I measure everything 12 times, stand back and take one last good look at a well tuned bow and then proceed to dismantle, uncertain on how long it will take me to return to the state of tune where I started.
Then it's the whole, mark the cam and and keep looking for the danged thing to "settle in".

New rest swap, I'll be doing that soon.

Quick Reply: New Rest, kinda freaked out...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.