Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New Rest, kinda freaked out...

Old 01-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Rest, kinda freaked out...

Do you use the moleskin stuff on the rest prong?
Old 01-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't put it on yet as I am going to shoot it a while and keep an eye on clearance issues. Afterwards I'll stick it on.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, I shot this rest quite a bit tonight. Now, keep in mind I only shot 20 yards and did a real cheap walk back tune to that distance. But I have to say, this little rest seems like a real tack driver. So far, I'm pretty impressed. The thing that amazes me so far is how quiet it is. Its setup so that it falls and doesn't hit the shelf, but just a little off the shelf at fall.

The full containment feature works like a champ on it. Only problem I see so far is that I've been shooting cock vane up and am awefully close to the cables. I'll work on getting a clean release with cock down. I'm shooting Blazers right now and its very close, too close for me.

About the only other complaint I have and this might turn out to be a null point is that the launcher arm itself is made of a high grade plastic. Delron I think it is. Other than that, I'm really liking it so far.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, yeah I HATE changing rests. That's why I've have the same rest on my bow since 2004. I'd like to try some stuff, but I don't have any complaints and I'm not changing until I have to.