Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Homeade arrow wraps?

Old 01-05-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Homeade arrow wraps?

Hello, I have read a few previous threads that included people using homemade wraps, or ones other people made, wraps around my neck of the woods are pretty pricey, about the same I see online, starting at 14 dollars for a dozen around here, how can I make my own, I'm not too picky on colors, or designs, if I could change those that would be a plus, but not real picky about it, and where can I get the supplies to do so? Thank-you!
Old 01-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Homeade arrow wraps?

Go to a sign making store.This is what I do and sometimes they even give it to me for free.Sometimes not but always cheap.I just took them a sample and they matched it.

It is just decal material.

Or even some crafts and hobby shops.

VERY CHEAP.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

What TFOX said. My best friend owns a sign shop so I just go and raid his color selection of vinyl. I make him cut them for me as well on his plotter.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:14 PM

You're looking for 3 ML vinyl, or something close to that. Sign shops are great....do a google search......I order mine from Bowmanhunter, www.bowmanhunter.com or he's also on ebay.....The ones I get from him are $8/dozen plus postage. Not bad.

I am fortunate that I work in a factory that deals w/ 3.25ML vinyl.....I grab up the scrap sheets and cut them into 1x7 wraps. They are just solid whit but work well.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:53 AM
Fork Horn

I have a couple of buddies that own a sign shop. I used 2 mil 7 year vinyl. I use their scraps and had a few colors I like made up. It was like 35 cents each compared to Bohnings $1 each. In fact if you go on Bohnings website they use 2 mil 7 year vinyl as well.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well i have never heard of this bt i am going to have to try it. I have been wanting wraps but can not get the money for them becuase it cost to much.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:41 AM

These arrows were wrapped from the scapes of a local sign store.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know those look good but i am not so sure about them. I need to see some more pics of some befor i do it.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:49 AM

I never had one fail, i clean the arrow shaft with 90% alcohol before applying the wrapand use LOC TITE brush-on superglue for the vanes. I've had plenty pass through shots on a bag target and never lost avane.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:44 PM

I just found a person on ebay selling 4 dozen arrow wraps, they will cut them to any size and a variety of colors for 10.99 to my door, that should be more than enough for a while, but I will look around and try to find some sign stores, I started taking the bohning ones and cutting them in half with a razor when I was using my blazer vanes to get more wraps out of a package, because most of it was wasted anyhow in front of the arrow, btw, that looks great (the pic of arrows), I do the same, is the 90 percent alcohol the same thing as rubbing alcohol, I take 600 grit sand paper and wet sand my shafts, not much,just real lightly, then scrub them with a scotchbright pad and some dish soap, then use rubbing alcohol and let them dry, then place the wrap sticky side up on a mouse pad and roll them on, it seems to work great.

Quick Reply: Homeade arrow wraps?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.