Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

does anyone know of a good shop in NY

Old 01-04-2007, 07:25 AM

Default does anyone know of a good shop in NY

I am in need of hiring a good bow tech to tune up my 07 tribute. Does anyone know of a good shop around the catskills that has experienced techs working the wrenches? I am affraid to bring this to gander mtn in kingston since the one guy that works there is a die hard mathews freak and they do not even sell mathews at gander [&:]
Old 01-04-2007, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: does anyone know of a good shop in NY

You can bring it to me at Lemme's up in Albany. What exactly do you want tuned on it? What is wrong with it?
Old 01-04-2007, 08:08 AM

I had a funny feeling that Matt (aka Rick James) would recommend Lemme's.
The best shop I have been to is (sorry Matt) The Archery Connection in Middleburg, NY (right next to Cobleskill). The owner, Bruce, is a pretty damndecent tech, and, to top it all off, is funny as hell. If you are looking for a super tune, you can ask Bruce to get you in contact with Mark Myers, who is my, as well as Matt's, shooting coach. I have yet to meet ANYONE who is an knowledgable as he is when it comes to tuning. Mark comes through there once a week, and will work with you on fine tuning if you want.
If you want contact information, please PM me...who knows what punishment Justine would lay down on me for posting it in a thread...
Old 01-04-2007, 09:18 AM

it is a brand new bow and I have to put the sights, rest and get a peep put into the string. I just want to find someone that knows what they are doing to help get this setup. I can put the sights and rest on it but that is about as far as my knowledge goes. I am close enough to make a trip to albany.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:33 AM

Either shop will suit you well.
Rick James is a good tuner, and a half decent shot, though I still think I could take him with ease.
Good luck getting that Allegiance up and running, let us know where you go and how you make out.
Campo
Old 01-04-2007, 09:36 AM

Thanks Campo, its a tribute! same thing I guess.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:22 PM

Salty,

Nock-N-Feather on Rt300 in the town of Newburgh. Not far from you at all. Rich the owner is top notch and has only good help. I myself worked there nearly 18 years ago on a part time basis and he is still up and running.

The fact is if your serious about archery and keeping your bow tuned properly, you need to take interest in doing it yourself. It damn sure aint rocket science. A few tools, andsome patience is all it takes.

s6
Old 01-04-2007, 06:42 PM

I used to live about 10 mins from nock and feather. Every time I bring a bow there it takes about 2 weeks to get back [&:]
Old 01-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Campo

Rick James is a good tuner, and a half decent shot, though I still think I could take him with ease.
Keep working with Mark my friend. Better start working on judging yardage.........Harrisburg is only a month away. It's gonna be a long ride home I think.......haha.

Salty, sorry I didn't get back to you, I was actually at the shop tonight and just got out. PM headed your way..........
Old 01-04-2007, 08:17 PM

That's ultimately why I said "The fact is if your serious about archery and keeping your bow tuned properly, you need to take interest in doing it yourself. It damn sure aint rocket science. A few tools, andsome patience is all it takes."

Don't depend on anybody else....Do it yourself and become a MUCH better archer in the process. Understanding how your equipment works, and being able to tune and adjust it yourselfis a big step in becoming a better overall archer.

s6

Quick Reply: does anyone know of a good shop in NY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.