Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Randy Ulmer - Drop Away - LET IT RIDE BABY!

Old 01-15-2002, 03:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Randy Ulmer - Drop Away - LET IT RIDE BABY!

I think that any system that is tied into the cable will help to get the amount of time required for a forgiving shot.Spot Hogg goes into great detail about what makes them work.

check it out http://www.spot-hogg.com/Volume2.htm
Old 01-15-2002, 11:42 PM

Over on the Bowsite board Len has spoken of two new drop aways that sound quite interesting. Both should debut at the AMO show I would imagine.
Old 01-17-2002, 06:39 PM

This also goes hand in hand with the nock travle issue being discussed elsewhere. I don't find non-straight nock travel a problem. I have shot all kinds of set-ups with different nock divergences. But there is always a spine thing happening, and an archer's pardox thing happening, I guess. One point being made in the Ulmer article is that you need some bearing up front if you want to have the clean kind of flight that one gets when the arrow is being forced into a bend by the interaction of the nock and the rest contact point. So it is at least arguable that the presence of that contact point for a while is a good thing.

Where the MZE is concerned the main engineering to that effect is the fact that the system remains in place for the first few inches of cable guard travel towards the forward position. I thing John said you get about 10", that sounds like a lot. I really doubt that a rubber hose controls that effect more substantialy. It is an interesting article, but would be more convincing if it addressed the MZE by name.