Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

center servings

Old 01-03-2007, 06:51 PM

Default center servings

i am thinking of trying to do my center serving on my bow. is it hard to do, and does the bow half to be pressed. are there any tricks to it. thanks for any tips and info.

drhoyt
Old 01-03-2007, 08:31 PM

Default RE: center servings

Center servings are easy to do. I have done dozens.Get a good serving jig and ur good to go.
You don't need to press the bow but u do have to split the string to start it. You can buy a string seperator or use a dull edge butter knike but be very careful.
I have the instructions here ..I'll send them to you or look for a link.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:54 PM

Found a link for center serving instructions.
www.applearchery.com/stringserving.htm

In these instructions they mention using 2 cut off arrows w/ nocks to seperate the cables from the string. i have a Bohning string seperator and they also sell a kit with everything u need to replace center servings.
it includes a DVD too.
let me know if u need one.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:08 AM

They are not only easy to make, but something every archer should know how to do. I remember many years ago, before I decided to learn how to work on my bows, I have a serving break, as I was getting out of a tree stand at dark. I was supposed to go hunting the following morning with a buddy and had to get it fixed that night.

It took me about 3 hours to find a bow shop open, where the owner was working and willing to do it right then. He charged me extra for the "emergency service", and it turned out that he put my brass nock back on it the wrong spot. Fortunately, I didn't have a shot opportunity the next day and was able to correct the nock position myself before I stuck a buck in the foot or something worse. It was shortly after that, I decided to learn to do some of the basics myself. It has paid off many times since. Now, I do everything on my bows.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:59 PM

thanks for the info, it looks pretty easy and i am going to try it. thanks for the link.

drhoyt