Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Libery VFT

Old 01-03-2007, 03:27 PM
bigcountry

Default Libery VFT

What makes this bow so smooth to draw? The cam? Just overall design? I bought a2004 model season before last, and I just love this bow.

So I have been eyeing allegiences, switchbacks, and others. Just because I always am looking. But after shooting, I keep looking at my liberty with satisfaction. I wish it was faster. Shoots 250fps with 29.5" black max 4 and 100gr broadhead set to 67lbs. But from shooting my old PSE, its night and day difference.

Anyone else have one? I have been fortunate enough to take 9 deer with it so far.

Old 01-03-2007, 04:33 PM

Default RE: Libery VFT

I think that if you have taken 9 deer with that bow then you don't need a new one.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:36 PM

yeah i got one. its a sweet bow. ive had it since last xmas and got my first deer with it this last season.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had one the first year they debuted. I would agree that it was/is a sweet shooter in terms of draw cycle, recoil level, etc... The cam style was definitely a big contributer to that smooth draw feel. The brace height and preload on the limbs probably also had something to do with it.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an 04 Liberty that i purchased as a left over in 05 and i absolutely love this bow. I too am always looking at other bows but when i shoot my Liberty the ideal of buying a different bow just goes away. I agree it would be nice if it hada little more speedbut it's plenty fast for hunting. The Liberty iswhisper quiet with no hand shock or vibration and has the smoothest draw cycle i've ever pulled and my bad shoulders would agree with that as well. I couldn't be happier with it's performance since buying it and i've never had not one problem with it and i've also harvested 6 deer with it to date. I'll be buying another bow in the near future because my son wants this one andwhen i do it's going to be an 05 Liberty if i can find one.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:48 AM

I too love my liberty. I've been looking at bows but I just can't justify it. It hits where I'm aiming and is one of the smoothest I've pulled back.

Mykey, they are still making the liberty and it has a slightly updated freedom cam IBO'ing at 305-313.