Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Blazer success!

Old 01-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Blazer success!

Sorry, I can't help it. I've been more and more frustrated with getting blazers to stick on anything I've tried. I don't have any issues getting conventional vanes to stick like crazy.

I tried a different kind of glue tonight, picked up from the hardware section of wal-mart. Its Loc-tite glue, only its the liquid, not the gel. I previously tried the gel and getting them to hold was sporadic. However, the liquid version seems to be doing very well. I fletched one arrow, prepped with denatured alchohol and no wrap. To my amazement, you cant pull them off with pliers without damage, even after about 1 minute of drying.

Just thought I'd pass along this little bit of info. I know some here have had the same issues I have had with them.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:27 PM

Default RE: Blazer success!

Thanks for the tip muzzyman
Old 01-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I have been telling people that for years
Old 01-02-2007, 07:36 PM

Bigpappa, next time be sure and tell muzzyman.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, where were you a year ago? I have heard of everyone using the loc tite gel, I just figured I would give the liquid a shot.I can finally use these 200 or so blazers that have been layin around.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

if you go back to some of these old blazer threads I am sure you will find several of my postings about this subject

if you can get a hold of the loctite 404 it is the best but hard to find, comes in a little yellow bottle
Old 01-04-2007, 03:29 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Saunders Arrow Mate will keep them on as well.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:52 PM

Try Goat Tuff, It's like super glue on steroids. Don't use too much it will take longer to dry.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know if i am going to go to blazers yet. I dont know i can trust them yet. But i have not heard much about them. I think i am going to stick with 4 intch vanes. But i would use the fast gel if i was you .
Old 01-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Killzone, I used the fast set. Thats what I usually used for all my fletching needs. However, I couldn't get the Blazer's to stick with it.

As for trusting them. Ask around on here, you'll find that many use them and are very satisfied with broadhead flight with them. That is what they are designed for. They are much, much stiffer than standard vanes. This is why they guide a broadhead better.

Quick Reply: Blazer success!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.