Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Blazer success!

Old 01-16-2007, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Blazer success!

I dont think i will ever use blazers. i like feathers to much and i like 4 inch vanes better then i would blazers.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: killzonearchery

I dont think i will ever use blazers. i like feathers to much and i like 4 inch vanes better then i would blazers.
You don't know until you try them. Tons of people have made the switch. They simply perform excellent and are very durable.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Loved the performance (though wouldn't say it was better than feathers) and they're super tough, that's for sure...

But I'm one of those that had tons of problems with adhesion... I used fletch-tite platinum, duco, and several other glues. I did find they stuck best to vinyl wraps though.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just a little trip down memory lane and an FYIhistory lesson for you Blazer guys........

I was shooting the first incarnation of Blazers in 1997, actually shot them through 2001 or so? They didn't have a name and were hand made by Dave Andrews of Andrews Archery in Frackville , PA. He would take a full length 5" Bohning vane and custom cut each one to that profile.(That's where the height and that straight faced edge came from) He had quite a following of local guys shooting them with mechs and fixed blade heads out of the fastest bows.
Dave kept trying to get Bohning to just MAKE the vanes because they were so popular aound the area andit was so labor intensive to keep cutting them by hand..........and finally a couple years ago they "Gave in" and the rest is history. I certainly hope they hooked Dave up in some way for the design because he really was pioneering them back then.

The ones I have aren't quite as stiff as the current production ones but the profile is the same........still have a couple old ACC's fletched with them, I'll try to take a pic. (You can see the marks on them where he would measure each one precisely to cut)
Old 01-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's pretty cool Matt.