Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow Shopping today

Old 12-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bow Shopping today

Well I went out this afternoon to check out some of the new bows. After sifting thru a ton of info hear and other places on the web I tooksome excellentadvice and decided to go shoot them and pick the one that felt the best to me.

The first shopI went to carried Hoyt, Martin andPSE. After some discussion on what I was looking forI asked to shoot some of the bows, shoot them the man says, you can shoot it after you buy it not before. I said you are kidding right? No he was not kidding, I asked if he thought I was going to spend close to a grand on a complete set up and never shoot the bow. What if I don't like the bow, will you take it back for something else, he said no. He tells meyou will like the bow I set up for you. Told himI won't buy till I try he said sorry you won't try till you buy. He lost a possiblesale and customer for life.Oh well off to the next shop.

Thisshop sells Mathews, Bowtech,PSE,Dimond and a couple others. Chatted with a very nice guy,Dan.He makes some recomendations I tell him what I am looking for, he says which one do you want to shoot first. Ok now we are talking, I trieda Mathews switchbackthe Diamond ice, Gardian,and the Allegiance. each bow wasnice to shoot compared to my 10+ year old PSE. The Mathews was smooth, fast and quiet butI did not like the grip. Dimond was about the sameand felt a little fasterandnice grip. The Guardian wasfast and the quietest of the bunch so farwith almost no vibrationand I like the way it felt in my hand.The onlything I didn't like was the heavy feeling draw cycle, lots of weight and a short valley. ThenI shot the Allegianceit wasthe fastest of all the bows I shot, it felt really good in my hand and the draw cyclewas smoother,with a bettervalley not asshort as the Guardian. Very little vibration in the hand, more than the Guard and not as quiet either but not loud by any means. Both of the Bowtechs had the speed mods.

Now I am narrowed down to 2 bows, whish I would have got to shoot the Hoyt and Martins. Their loss. Ok, mul it over some more draw both again.
Oh Dan, lets write it up LH Allegiance in Hardwoods HD 70# 29dL.

Now I will have to decide on sight and rest.Iam thinking of a drop away instead of my WB, Mabye. I have a Cobra Sidewinder 3 pin but I think Iwould like togo with a single pin adjustable. Any suggestions on the sight or rest?

Paul
Old 12-30-2006, 05:54 PM

Default RE: Bow Shopping today

MZE for the rest,and for the sight take your pick.nice choice by the way
Old 12-30-2006, 06:33 PM

Surf62,Great choice I just picked up a 07 allegiance and what a great shooting bow.I put a sts on mine and what a difference dead quite.Good luck with your bow.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:55 PM
Host of Hosts

You made a good choice. I hear alot of guys that shoot the Mathews bows say the same thing. They don't like the grip. I'm sure Mathews has had to hear this alot, but the keep the same grip. Maybe they figure they're selling a bunch with the grip the way it is, so why change it?

Your gonna like that Allegience.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:32 AM
dws

I've never been to a shop that would not let a guy try any bow they wanted to. That would be like buying a car without driving it. You made a good choice not buying from him because anybody that arrogant and ignorant is probably too lazy and stupid to set a bow up right anyhow.