Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String loop questions

Old 01-04-2007, 03:50 AM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: String loop questions

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

I shoot a 34in AtoA bow with a 31in draw and I find the loop to be a big help with nock pinch. I also noticed that my 3/16in peeps would no longer allow me to view my sight clearly due to the increased angle of the bow string. This put my peep futher away from my eye. I switched to a 1/4in peep and it fits great (view of the sight through the peep).
With arms as long as a silverback gorilla, how do you only get a 31" draw??
Old 01-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: GregH

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

I shoot a 34in AtoA bow with a 31in draw and I find the loop to be a big help with nock pinch. I also noticed that my 3/16in peeps would no longer allow me to view my sight clearly due to the increased angle of the bow string. This put my peep futher away from my eye. I switched to a 1/4in peep and it fits great (view of the sight through the peep).
With arms as long as a silverback gorilla, how do you only get a 31" draw??
LOL

If you go by my wingspan (82in), I should be drawing 323/4 But I have found that an inch shorter draw is better for "hunting conditions" I can maneuver better and take off angle shots easier with a slightly shorter draw length.

The bows I have measure a little over 31in in actual draw length. My Brownings set at 31 actually draw 31 3/4 and the Bowtech/Diamond set at 31 draws to an actual length of 31 1/2

So with a string loop attached it is very close to my regular draw length but makes for a much better hunting rig.

If I were to shoot at targets all day and have the luxury to be able to get a proper stance/form every timethen I probably would keep the long draw.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Site Buck Guru

I know what you mean, exactly. I used to shoot a 32" draw and now I'm down to 30" for all shooting. More accurate and consistant.