Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow Vise Opinion

Old 12-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bow Vise Opinion

I'm in the market and trying to decide on the Apple 360 or the RS? Pros and cons of each please.

Thanks.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bow Vise Opinion

I have both an Apple and the portable press made by our own WWAG (walks with a gimp) here on HNI. If I were to recommend one press, it would be WWAG's. Economical, portable and incredibly built. I hope that didn't sound like advice. Just a statement.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob, i think he means vise not press just to clarify.
Dan
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I have both an Apple and the portable press made by our own WWAG (walks with a gimp) here on HNI. If I were to recommend one press, it would be WWAG's. Economical, portable and incredibly built. I hope that didn't sound like advice. Just a statement.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:01 PM

I ran a google search and didn't fine an apple 360???
Old 12-29-2006, 09:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Rob, i think he means vise not press just to clarify.
Dan
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Ooopps, I'm totally off topic then...I apologize.

I only own an Apple Vise and really like it, I can think of no cons however I'm not familiar with the RS.

Here ya go Mobo, this is the one I have as well, it's the one referenced.

Old 12-29-2006, 09:18 PM

Thanks! Looks pretty simple. And stable. The ones we have at the shop are more like a "clamp" and frankly, I don't like them....Is that the RS you refer to??

I like the looks of this one myself.....
Old 12-29-2006, 09:39 PM

Yes, I just found it, the RS is what we have at the shop. They work OK, but aren't very stable. When you level the bow on the vice, it's difficult to keep level while working on the bow. For example, I put the level on the string, level the bow, and then nock an arrow. Then I put a level on the arrow, but the problem is when I pull the cord to load my Drop Zone, the bow moves out of level slightly....This gives a false reading on the arrow level.....

Old 12-29-2006, 09:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Yes, I just found it, the RS is what we have at the shop. They work OK, but aren't very stable. When you level the bow on the vice, it's difficult to keep level while working on the bow. For example, I put the level on the string, level the bow, and then nock an arrow. Then I put a level on the arrow, but the problem is when I pull the cord to load my Drop Zone, the bow moves out of level slightly....This gives a false reading on the arrow level.....

This is why I modified one like the Apple that Rob has pictured to mount to the stabilizer.WhenI clamp it down,it stays.

Nice thing about being a tool maker,I buy cheap and modify.[8D]
Old 12-29-2006, 09:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

You should take a pic and show us TFOX, might be something to it.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Another Apple user here --totally satisfied with it. And to pass along a tip I got from Matt / PA... When I mounted it, I mounted it UNDER my work table instead of on top of it as pictured above... Really worked out well, gave a cleaner look, and allows for even more working room.

Quick Reply: Bow Vise Opinion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.