Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BowTech Guardian/Commander observations

Old 12-27-2006, 07:21 PM

Default RE: BowTech Guardian/Commander observations

Len, lots of good info here. Thanks. Hopefully many questions/concerns will be answered. See you at the ATA.

Parks, the bow mounted chronys are notoriously inaccurate. I didn't realize that's what you'd been using. A good shoot through model should make you feel better. As well as taking Len's advice on finding a shop to better help you. Good luck with your bow. I see no reason things can't be worked out and set up properly.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:15 PM

WWAG:

While your intent is commendable, the results may be misleading. This bow was designed in a way to eliminate cam lean by placing the module on the opposite side of the cam and 'relocating' things in other areas. By going to a 'shoot through' system, you may actually cause other problems.

It's something to be considered, but I wonder if we'd really gain anything.Two problems come to mind about'shoot through' system. First, the cables tend to 'slap' together to cause noise on the shot. Not the bestchoice for hunting. Second,loading the arrow can be troublesome.

Still, something to think about.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:29 PM

I was actually looking to use the stock cables on the Guardian "shoot through" and there would be no way they would touch.

I'll get one sometime soon and play with the idea more with a prototype cable rod accessory.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:58 AM

Sorry, I continue to have the split yoke concept on my mind.[:@]

It might work, but I still worry about the design concept and the loading of the arrow. I have too many other items on my plate to try that. If you do get a chance to play with it, let me know what you find. Do you have lasers and a way to check cam lean at full draw?

Are you going to the ATA Show? If so, we could talk about this and adapting your press to use it on the Guardian/Commander and MachX/Velocity bows.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:08 AM

can i sit in if i promise not to say a word either during or after?
Old 12-29-2006, 06:20 AM

Only if you bring the coffee and donuts and leave that bad cold you have at home.

Hope you feel better soon and have a great New Year.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:55 AM

whoo-hoooooo!
Old 12-29-2006, 07:31 AM

Len,
As you know,I could throw my .2$ in,but thats all it would be worth.Besides,you have covered most of what we were talking about with the Guardian. Maybe Mike and I will stop down the shop on Sunday am.
Happy New Year to all.
Bob
Old 12-29-2006, 11:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Len in Maryland

Sorry, I continue to have the split yoke concept on my mind.[:@]

It might work, but I still worry about the design concept and the loading of the arrow. I have too many other items on my plate to try that. If you do get a chance to play with it, let me know what you find. Do you have lasers and a way to check cam lean at full draw?

Are you going to the ATA Show? If so, we could talk about this and adapting your press to use it on the Guardian/Commander and MachX/Velocity bows.
No I won't be going to the ATA show, I haven't worked since going on strike at Goodyear since October 5th. I have another bow press design I'm working on that might replace the Bowmender.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

I am a 56 yr old bowhunter who hasn't hunted much for various reasons the last several years. I am going to start shooting again now. I'd liketo purchase a bow and justbegan looking into choices. That is how I found this website & forum. Very interesting. There is a bowshop nearby that specializes in Bowtech bows as well as one a little further away that sell Matthews. Of course, just about any other bow is also available. I shoot recurves but want to try a compound.

Do you need to shoot these bowsusing release aids? I am not against using one, I am just not that familiar with them.

I have a short draw length (probably around 26-26.5"). Does this cause any problems shooting a modern compound?

I want to shoot around 55#.

You guys seem to be very helpful (especially Len in Maryland). Any feedback would be appreciated. I would like to purchase a bow in late January or early February.

Quick Reply: BowTech Guardian/Commander observations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.