Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Guardian vs. Allegiance....mini review

Old 12-28-2006, 05:40 PM

Default RE: Guardian vs. Allegiance....mini review

i dunno about the whole guardian design... i havent shot it... but boy does it look like it has alot of moving parts... what happens when that thing gets wet and starts squeeking
Old 12-28-2006, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

fufanu360, I know what you mean. But honestly, I don't think there will be any issues with that. Think of it this way. We've had pins and clips in the cams for as long as anyone can remember. Had very few issues with that. Its a very nice shooting bow and you owe yourself the trip to a shop to shoot one. I just prefered the Allegiance because the draw cycle felt better for me.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fufanu360

i dunno about the whole guardian design... i havent shot it... but boy does it look like it has alot of moving parts... what happens when that thing gets wet and starts squeeking

I wouldn't let this stop you from trying or even buying one. The bushings used are Super Oilte and should last many years.

Len did some in depth testing on the Center Pivot arms and below I've copied his results.

The movement of thecenter 'pivot' arm is a question a lot have voiced. I checked it today and at full draw it moves about .020 away from the cam. I don't think that is much to worry about and it's necessary to maintain the integrity of the design.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:37 AM

This design did not happen overnight. It's been in development for over 3 years. Consider this.

If there was any concern about wear, wouldn't they have used dampening devices like Limbsavers on the limbs or in the riser like most other manufacturers??? Besides what is on the string/cables, the only dampening device is the one on the cable guard. Compared to other designs, that's minimal.

And it is still VERY quiet and has NO hand shock/vibration.

If some on you remember, I was excited last year about PSE's MachX and AR's Velocity. The prototypes at the ATA Show were phenomenal, but the production units disappointed me. What GuardiansI have in my shop are production units and, so far, I can't find much fault in them. Could problems develop over time? As with any new design, it's possible; but, it seems like BowTech didn't rush into this anddid a lot of developmental work on this design.

If I find anything wrong, I'm not bashful. Those of you who know me know that. At first I didn't think turning it down more than 5# draw weight was a good idea. Now that customers have shot it a lot at 10# down, I've begun to reconsider that negative thought. I thought it might get noisy or affect tune. Can't find any proof of that. I still contend that it should be shot at the upper level to improve it's characteristics, but I say that about every bow.

Hope this helps everyone understand where I come from.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Fork Horn

Great informative thread.
Thanks Guys...
Old 01-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice post Muzz. I didn't see it way back when you posted it. I haven't had the chance to compare them side by side but I look forward to it now.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:46 AM

I was surprised that you didn't notice morevibration or shock in the handle of the 07 Allegiance. I was trying to decide between the 07 Allegiance and Tribute. That was the main reason I went with the Tribute. Good luck with your new bow.
ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

I want a hunting bow. I look for smooth, quiet and little to no handshock. The Allegiance fits the bill for me. The Guardian will definitely raise a lot of eyebrows and sell very well. If they tame the draw cycle down in the coming years, sure, sign me up. I'm going to sleep on this for a bit, but I'm pretty sure I'll be going back to pick up my Allegiance in the next few days.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't shoot the Tribute so I can't comment on it. However, the Allegiance I shot, and eventually bought, had very little handshock. However, as I thought I mentioned in my origianal post, it does have more than the gaurdian by far. But, thats not saying much. I have never shot a bow with as little shock and vibration as the Guardian. The draw cycle just bugged me terribly and was the deciding factor in my purchase.

Also, just an update after owning the Allegiance for a while. The stock string silencer's Bowtech uses are, for lack of better words, incompetent IMO. I swapped mine for super string leaches and this made a dramitic improvement on handle buzz. I thought that was were the vibration was coming from and it corrected it significantly. I have a custum STS coming for it and will evaluate how this does with and without the leaches in place as well.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:51 PM

Thanks for the info muzzyman88.WhatSTS are you getting? I'm thinking of putting one on my Tribute.
Thanks again.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I ordered a CSS from a guy who goes by MeanV on AT. His are custom made and camo dipped. They look like an OEM compontent when they're done. He uses the same stop at the original STS plus a bowjax silencer on the rod. Check him out.

Quick Reply: Guardian vs. Allegiance....mini review

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.