Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Reflex Bow ???'s

Old 12-20-2006, 10:20 AM

Default Reflex Bow ???'s

I have ( and am very happy with ) the Reflex Super Slam. Reflex/Hoyt do not impress me with their websites however.
Is their "Slam and a half" cams considered a two cam system?
Anyone know how long the string is? I am wanting to replace the original (fraying) with a Winner's Choice string. Do you think that is a good match for the Super Slam?
Old 12-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Reflex Bow ???'s

ORIGINAL: game4lunch

I have ( and am very happy with ) the Reflex Super Slam. Reflex/Hoyt do not impress me with their websites however.
Is their "Slam and a half" cams considered a two cam system?
Anyone know how long the string is? I am wanting to replace the original (fraying) with a Winner's Choice string. Do you think that is a good match for the Super Slam?
Ditto. Good equipment, terrible comunications. Try calling them. You'll get a message directing you to several different divisions. Which ever you pick you get the same guy and he often doesn't know or can't say. I don't pay the phone bill butI think it's even my dime.

I think the best match for your bow would be to pm a guy here named gibblet for strings. He is the direct opposite of "the twilight zone" I mean Hoytguy.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

they are cam and a half systems.

i bought a new highlander in mid/late july. put about 3000 arrows through it and the string is pretty rough...waxed almost every time i shot...but i guess the days i put a couple hundred arrows through i should almost waxed during the shooting...but still i wasnt impressed with string life...

contact "gibblet" he is our custom string maker on the board...heard hes priced reasonable and makes good strings. i will most likely get mine from him.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:49 PM

I know they call it a cam & a half, but that option is not on the arrow selection charts. So do I go with 1 cam or 2?
Old 12-20-2006, 10:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

2 cam. medium-hard
Old 12-21-2006, 07:04 AM

ORIGINAL: TFOX

2 cam. medium-hard
Thank you TFOX!