Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BUILD THE PERFECT BOW!

Old 12-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BUILD THE PERFECT BOW!

an ability to find the deer for me...
Old 12-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ijimmy: I was sorely tempted by the Passion 2, as well as a McPherson Sniper which was on ebay. Those bows are basically McPherson Bishops with shorter limbs. I was looking for a #60, so I passed up the Sniper to get a Mathews Q2 XL. Loved that bow, except the late peak nature of the draw and the lack of a valley. Worked out OK though, sold the XL, and bought the Champion Scorpion ETS for about 1/2 what I got for the Mathews. The Champions have a more solid wall than the Pearson hybrids, and they don't load up late nearly as much as the Darton CPS with the #3 module. The Scorpion only has 6 7/8" brace, but at 36" ATA, it feels good and shoots way better than I ever expected. I think the Passion 2 or the short version of the Pearson Generation 2 would be great bows. Maybe someday. For now, I'm happy with my 2 champions. Wish I could find some more.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Axle to Axle - 37 -39"
Brace height - 8"
Weight - 4 - 4.25 lbs due to the riser/limb configuration draw... i would love to have a 50 - 70 lbs bow. 50 for 3d, 70 for hunting.
Grip -incorporated from the riser
Limb design - split lamited pararrel
cam design - dual or hybrid. I like the feel of the spiral cams with the draw step peg removed.
riser geometry - straight or deflexed, but balanced so it wont require a large stabilizer.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

I would have to say that since i just bought a new Hoyt Vectrix XLafter trying every thing i could get my hands on.I also looked last year too and didnt find any thing that i liked. So I say my anwser would have to be:
Hoyt Vectrix XL
w/anew string(WC or equal)(fuse strings)
And it would bethe real perfect dream bow if it was under $500
That would be perfect to me!