Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

what do ya'll think of Ross bows?

Old 12-14-2006, 09:44 AM

Default what do ya'll think of Ross bows?

Lookin to buy a new bow. I've shot Ross, Diamond, Parker, Jennings, Mathews.. Leaning towards Diamond/Ross.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what do ya'll think of Ross bows?

I have not heard one person say anything bad about any ROSS bows--actually i've heard lots of people saying they have tried the ROSS line and their next bow will be a ROSS(most of those are now shooting MATHEWS so you can take that for what it's worth).Nothing but good reviews is very rare,especially on the internet!
Old 12-14-2006, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: in da woods

Lookin to buy a new bow. I've shot Ross, Diamond, Parker, Jennings, Mathews.. Leaning towards Diamond/Ross.
Why no Hoyts or Dartons? I've heard good things to about them and wondered how they compared to the Dartons.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:33 PM

Diamond fo' life
Old 12-14-2006, 02:38 PM

Just haven't had a chance to shoot a Hoyt. But reading good things about their new 07 line-up. As for Darton, to be honest, don't know of anyone carrying them around here. Any opinions on the new Hoyts/Darton?
Old 12-14-2006, 03:02 PM

Ross makes great bows. also try a Browning Illusion. I got one . Sweet bow!!!
Old 12-14-2006, 03:13 PM

Ross bows are awesome! The detail in the finishing is second to none. They are incredibly smooth, oh my god quiet, and shock/vibration free. Keep your eyes out for the '07's.....I hear one of their models is gonna be a smoker...
Old 12-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great bow I almost traded our Mathews off for them. But I had Horable luck with their Customer relation dept! So I stayed with Mathews.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

Great bow I almost traded our Mathews off for them. But I had Horable luck with their Customer relation dept! So I stayed with Mathews.
Sorry to hear that. It's one thing that can set any of these bows which are all good apart. I think it will be the number one determinig factor in the next bow I buy. What was the problem, generaly speaking?
Old 12-15-2006, 05:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was fairly impressed with the Ross bow I handled last year. As the others mentioned the fit and finish was quite good. The bow shot with very little recoil and noise plus the draw was fairly smooth. The only downside really is that it was a bit slower than competing models.

I would definitely suggest that you take a look at some of the Diamonds as well. Both the Liberty and Black Ice should be comparable in design with a touch more speed. I can personally attest to the satisfaction that the Black Ice has provided for me. I was down at the local shop shooting it last night and the bow continues to impress in just about every category.

Quick Reply: what do ya'll think of Ross bows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.