Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Play with the Guardian Len?

Old 12-15-2006, 06:38 PM

Default RE: Play with the Guardian Len?

I shot one today Prepair to be "WOWED" It's scarry quiet, a very little buzz and VERY fast. Machining is super and the bow looks to be bullet proof!

Old 12-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp

I shot one today Prepair to be "WOWED" It's scarry quiet, a very little buzz and VERY fast. Machining is super and the bow looks to be bullet proof!

So after having shot the thing, how would you compare it to an Allegiance with smooth mods?
Old 12-15-2006, 07:45 PM

WAG:

Have the shop move the string silencers off the serving and just barely onto the string itself. This should remove that "buzz" you're hearing. If it's not that, it's the rings of theVG sight on that bow. They've been known to vibrate against each other and cause a buzzing sound. The bow is so quiet that you'll hear the slightest "buzz."

I put a sight on one and shot it 'left-handed' today. Shoots the same no matter which side of the riser you choose.

I found out after putting the sight on, however, that this is NOT the bow for me. I can't stand ATAs this short. The extratime it takes to get 'on the target' and the inconvenience of 'head position and anchors"with a short bow is NOT my 'cup of tea.' I can't wait to get my hands on a Commander. I know I'll be able to get shots off in half the time it takes me with a short bow.

Those comments will make a lot of archers 'scratch their heads.'
Old 12-15-2006, 08:51 PM

I've been hearing that the Guardians are all running on the slow end of their IBO rating, and haven't been quite as fast as hoped...Not to say they are slow and not to say they aren't good shooters, Just not as fast as hoped....

Any truth to that?
Old 12-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

312seems to bethe average speed I'm seeing on the BC's........at 30" that'll be toward the low end at around 322-323 for those bows but still no surprises and within the range.

312fps at a real 29" draw length with all that crap on the string is doing ok in my book.
Not a bare string rating with a fudged draw length.

Honestly when you see some other bows that are being reported coming in 3-6# heavy and 1/2" or more (I've heard 1" on some "copies")long in draw length just to hopefully get the advertised speeds bare string?........knowing that your Guardian is still making stated speeds with no smoke and mirrors, string silencers, brass nock set and eliminator buttons is a good deal.

You are correct that I haven't heard of any that will probably cook that top end number of 329ish with a 30" mod at 70# but most certainly will if you strip the string down to what the other companies test their bows at.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:24 PM

So is it safe to say we'd be looking at roughly 280 - 290 with a 27" draw at 70#?

Shooting around 230 - 240 with my current bow, that would seem like it was screaming down there. I can't wait to check one out.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:26 PM

Thanks, Matt.....And you are certainly right, 312 ain't slow by any means....
Old 12-15-2006, 10:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here'sa little reportI found from someone who did a quickcomparison with the Allegiance... just to have something else to look at:

"Keep in mind that the GuardianI shot was a 70 pounder backed out and the Allegiance was bottomed, so while close for comparison, still not apples to apples. The Guardian was noticeably quieter as well as smoother on the draw. The Allegiance had smooth mods.

Guardian.........70# limbs, backed out to 60.2.....29 AMO on the bean.
Allegiance.......60# limbs, bolt buried @ 60.2.....29 1/4 AMO DL.
3 different arrows.......A = 543.2 grains, B = 382.7, and C = 310.2
Average of 3 shots.
Allegiance..........A = 239.1, B = 277.9, C = 305
Guardian............A = 235.9, B = 274.4, C = 300.8

So, with a difference of only 3-4 fps, choosing a Guardianwill get you a smoother draw, less noisy bow that will get everyones attention. How cool is that??"
Old 12-16-2006, 05:32 AM

Thanks for that bit of info Greg. It seems that every time I read something it tends to favor the Gaurdian over the Allegiance.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:42 AM

My Tribute's BC was 305 fps at 60/29when it came out of the box with smooth mods and from the looks of those on the Guardian, I'll be picking up about 5 to 7 fps in speed over my Tribute. We shot the Guardian at 65 pounds and though I didn't have my personal Tribute there, it felt exactly the same in draw force with the same length valley. I didn't hear any buzz but it was felt in the grip,, ever so slight it was What I did hear was the click of the release at the shot. You can hear this click when you test shoot a release with a plain piece of string.

With the release of the Guardian now, I'll bet that there will be a big push in the marketplace from the release manufactures to produce "the most silent release ever"

I noticed that the quiver mounting recesses are directly in-line with the grip and not out in front of the grip like on the Allegiance and Tribute. This will be a big plus as far as improved balance is concerned to those like me that hunt with a mounted quiver.
There's so many advantages to owning the Guardian and Commander that it's hard to list without having the bow in my hands to point out what I saw yesterday
Len, let us know when you get that Commander in for a test run[8D] The shop owner yesterday has the longer Commander on order for a personal bow and he's REALLY chompin' at the bit now!!

Quick Reply: Play with the Guardian Len?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.