Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Play with the Guardian Len?

Old 12-11-2006, 07:18 AM

Default RE: Play with the Guardian Len?

I have no idea why Dave made that statement. The only thing I showed him was the catalog and pointed out that I had one on order and was anxious to test it.

Old 12-11-2006, 08:13 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't know that I said he'd shot one. I said he had ordered one. I knew he had talked to them about it. I guesss I wrongly assumed and led you to believehe saw it and if he saw it shot it. I believe my comments were it was lightning fast and a great shooter. My bad. If he switches it'll be for good reason. Every year it seems he orders himself a bow, sets it up, gets it working and then goes back to his Darton and sells the new bow.[8D] Until I see him in a tree with anything other than a Darton I'm not believing it.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:36 PM

Everyone who has shot the Guardian has been astonished. The comments made are; "light, smooth drawing, fast, vibration free, quiet". Gee, isn't that just about everything archers look for in a bow?In fact, no one has yet asked about 'how accurate it is'!!! Then again, maybe they've heard me say time and time again that accuracy is inherently in the hands of the archer.

I've spentthe past two days doing a lot of testing and evaluation. Because of my findings, I just tripled my initial order of them. This thing is going to sell big. Did I do complete testing? No, that will take months. But I did learn a lot about the technology and already know more about tuning and 'do's and don't's'.

What I can tell you is that some rests work better than others. The bow should be best used within 5# of it's peak weight. Limbsavers on the limbs are not necessary. Although a stabilizer should not be needed for shock and vibration reduction, proper stabilization should be considered for balance.

And, to use an old cliche, don't judge a book by it's cover. Take a trip to your nearest Dealer and at least give this bow a 'test run'. I think a delightful surprise might be in store forsome 'naysayers'.

I'll continue to test the design with what I've got, but I'lllook forward togetting a bow more my size to test - the Commander.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Len in Maryland

Everyone who has shot the Guardian has been astonished. The comments made are; "light, smooth drawing, fast, vibration free, quiet". Gee, isn't that just about everything archers look for in a bow?In fact, no one has yet asked about 'how accurate it is'!!! Then again, maybe they've heard me say time and time again that accuracy is inherently in the hands of the archer.

I've spentthe past two days doing a lot of testing and evaluation. Because of my findings, I just tripled my initial order of them. This thing is going to sell big. Did I do complete testing? No, that will take months. But I did learn a lot about the technology and already know more about tuning and 'do's and don't's'.

What I can tell you is that some rests work better than others. The bow should be best used within 5# of it's peak weight. Limbsavers on the limbs are not necessary. Although a stabilizer should not be needed for shock and vibration reduction, proper stabilization should be considered for balance.

And, to use an old cliche, don't judge a book by it's cover. Take a trip to your nearest Dealer and at least give this bow a 'test run'. I think a delightful surprise might be in store forsome 'naysayers'.

I'll continue to test the design with what I've got, but I'lllook forward togetting a bow more my size to test - the Commander.

But,,, how does it shoot left handed??
Old 12-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Len, I'm glad to hear a positive word on the bow from you. One thing thats bugging me, and I'd love to hear your thoughts about it, is the pivot arm. Do you feel that this portion of the bow, over time would wear and vibrate? I could be looking at this completely wrong but it seems that there would be a large portion of the energy being dispersed around this part of the bow.

I'm sure I'm off the mark on that, but I'm just curious to hear from you on it. Its probably going to come down to this bow or an Allegiance.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Len,
I have read in a few forums that there is a vane clearance issue with the Guardian, and that it might prevent the use of Blazer style vanes. Have you found this to be true or were those test bows not set up properly do you think? Also you mention that the Gaurdian is best suited to some rests than others, can you expand on that comment? Which style rests are best suited to this new design?
Old 12-15-2006, 06:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the bow thus far Len. I look forward to hearing further comments as time passes as well as possible answers to the questions just posed. I think many folks could benefit from your experiences.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

Besides being curious about the Guardian, I'm waiting for Len to get in some of the new Darton Pro series bows for analysis and comparisons. I *think* I have my new hunting bow for this year down to a Bowtech or the new Dartons. We'll see!

I talked to Jeff at Darton, and they are claiming some serious speeds. I was told their IBO speeds are at 60#, not 70#.

Pro3000 34.5" axle, 6.25" brace, over 330fps
Pro2000 34.5" axle, 7.25" brace, 320fps

If these are true numbers at 60#, I'll be amazed.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Black Frog

Besides being curious about the Guardian, I'm waiting for Len to get in some of the new Darton Pro series bows for analysis and comparisons. I *think* I have my new hunting bow for this year down to a Bowtech or the new Dartons. We'll see!

I talked to Jeff at Darton, and they are claiming some serious speeds. I was told their IBO speeds are at 60#, not 70#.

Pro3000 34.5" axle, 6.25" brace, over 330fps
Pro2000 34.5" axle, 7.25" brace, 320fps

If these are true numbers at 60#, I'll be amazed.
The one thing I have found about Darton is that their speed claims are very accurate on their past CPS bows. Hopefully this will remain true for the new 2.5 cams as well.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:07 AM

Len, I think i will be in Baltimore on the 22nd and will stop by and check this thing out.

Quick Reply: Play with the Guardian Len?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.