Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

qad ultra rest?

Old 12-10-2006, 01:32 PM
t3

Default qad ultra rest?

i was thinking about getting a qad ultra rest and i was wondering if anyone had any experience with one? thanks

Old 12-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Spike

Default RE: qad ultra rest?

I had some problems with an older one , but QAD replaced it with a new and improved model.(free) It works great, and the total containment feature makes it the best rest for hunting IMO. Super company to deal with!
Old 12-13-2006, 06:54 AM

I have two! Best rest out there IMO. The company has awesome customer service to boot which rates them high in my book.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: steelerzzz

I had some problems with an older one , but QAD replaced it with a new and improved model.(free) It works great, and the total containment feature makes it the best rest for hunting IMO. Super company to deal with!
I had trouble with arrow clearance. QAD repalced it for free. The new ones come with 2 launchers for better clearance.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I put one on my Old Glory after my NAP broke, and I should have went with the QAD from the beginning. Best rest around IMO, especially for hunting. The two launchers to choose from is nice too so you can tweak it for clearance.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

I put one on my Old Glory after my NAP broke, and I should have went with the QAD from the beginning. Best rest around IMO, especially for hunting. The two launchers to choose from is nice too so you can tweak it for clearance.
I'm a bit puzzled about the extra launchers for tweaking clearance?? On this rest(and all dropaways for that matter) the launcher is supposed to be in the down position by the time the fletching passes. Isn't the whole idea of a dropaway is so you don't have to deal with launcher clearance?
Old 12-14-2006, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well , I received my reworked QAD , a few weeks ago , finaly got around to testing , as of right now Im getting contact , Im going to try adjusting the pull string for less tention , and maybe switch to the other launcher they provided , but as of right now Its proving dificult , Im not happy .

ORIGINAL: steelerzzz
I'm a bit puzzled about the extra launchers for tweaking clearance?? On this rest(and all dropaways for that matter) the launcher is supposed to be in the down position by the time the fletching passes. Isn't the whole idea of a dropaway is so you don't have to deal with launcher clearance?
Thats the way its suposed to happen , rarely does , many false advertiseing claims out there , the easyest fallaway to set up and get total clearence with that I have use to date is the limbdriver by vaportrail , the action of the limb moveing pulls the rest out of the way .
Old 12-14-2006, 07:02 AM

The two launchers are for clearance with the containment bar. One rest has a deeper groove so the arrow sits farther down in the rest than the other launcher arm. Use foot powder to see where you are getting contact. You should shoot your arrows with the cock vane up with this rest. That will give the most clearance with the launcher arm. If you are getting contact with the bar, use the deeper launcher to solve that. The cable also has to be adjusted properly. Once all of that is dialed in, you should not have any clearance issues. I had no contact at all shooting 28" arrows at 285fps.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good answer G2.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well,i'm not saying if my QAD LD won't work with my bow(it could be operator error),but i thought it was all set and ready to hunt with and i tried it for hunting only to get a chance at the best buck so far this season and the vanes on my arrow told me that my arrow was knocking the the rest prongs down instead of being completely out of the way!I switched back to the trusty,foolproof,and very reliable whisker biscuit but haven't had a chance at anything decent since[&o].AGAIN,i'm not done trying to make this thing work(i shelled out $100 bucks for it so i really do want to use it!On a side note:the bow that the QAD was on is shooting extremely FAST and i have heard from others that sometimes causes problems with this rest--i will find out for myself.Just giving an honest review of my own issues with the QAD LD.

Quick Reply: qad ultra rest?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.